KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Dollar General Store Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 1.4K interviews

Applied online100%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar General (Grand Rapids, MI) in Apr 2022

Interview

I applied for a PT Cashier position. I was looking for a part time job to work with my current job, that I was working on third shift. Had a phone interview with one DM. They offered me a key holder position and asked if I would be interested in an ASM position. Next day, texted the DM that I would like a store closer to my house. This was in a different district. Another day went by and had another phone interview with the DM and store manager for the new area. Offered a FT ASM position. On my 2nd day, asked if I would be interested in the Store Manager Trainee position.

Interview Questions
  • Can you walk me through your resume/cv?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar General (Tulsa, OK) in May 2020

Interview

Their HR department contacted me months after I applied, and by phone. I already had gotten another job but I interviewed anyways. The interview was really thorough and we walked through all of my relevant career experience and she asked me my opinion on some situation scenarios. It was just a dealbreaker when the pay was going to be under $40K/year. That and every time I go into a Dollar General it's a mess. Maybe if they paid their employees more and allowed more people to work their stores wouldn't be so pathetic.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had to fire someone? If so, why and how was it done?
  • If you have employees in a heated disagreement, what would you do?
Be the first to find this interview helpful