Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

1.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

I met with the to be store manager. She asked a bunch of questions and gave me Tom of info about the new store that was being built in our town. Then she said the district manager would call for the final interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Birmingham, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took about 3 weeks deformed a call. Received a call tomorrow come in the next day. Interviewed with store manager and DM. Had two questions and then they gave me information on the job position and offered the job at interview.

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Freeport, IL).

Interview

It was a indef interview was being showed around the store and how things worked. Then they asked you about your skills and how you can improve the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked you what a 4 star end cap was   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interview process is simple with basic information given about the job and responsibilities involved. Questions are based on you being able to do the required tasks involved. Response on outcome given immediately upon receipt of background check.

Interview Questions

• The work involves you work shifts and lift cases weighing between 20 - 40 pounds. Are you able to do this?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Mobile, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

Nothing to hard basic interview questions . Put in application,got a call from district manager in about a week got hired the following week.hiring process was about 2 weeks total

Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sierra Vista, AZ).

Interview

Very easy as I had worked there before as a cashier. Asked a few questions and told me what the job entailed. Longest process was entering my info into the computer and waiting for back ground check to go through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great I believe he asked a the correct questions.
    The interviewer has a lot of experience in retail and with roller tree however he couldn't pay what I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Daytona Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the RM to set a time. Got there, she was running late so I had to wander the store a while. The interview went great, I pretty much had the job. I went in interviewing for Assistant Full-Time. Was told someone internal wanted it, so I was now interviewing for Assistant Part-Time which I'd apparently a real thing. They sent an email so I could authorize a background check, which I did. She sent me to meet the store manager I would be working for and interviewed briefly with him.

Then I got a call the next day telling me they gave it to someone else internal, despite internal candidates getting a 7day advance shot. So I went from having the job to "we'll keep you on file and let you know".

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (North Adams, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was very professional. The manager introduced me to all of the staff on the day of my interview and I felt at home. We went into the private room in the front of the store and talked about my previous work history. We had a great time.

Interview Questions

• What would kind of management expertise do you have?   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Exmore, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Exmore, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I previously worked here as a teenager. Interview was quick and painless both times. Simple questions, nothing too personal. Store manager, as always, very light and comfortable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel reaponsible for employee theft?   1 Answer