Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interview process is simple with basic information given about the job and responsibilities involved. Questions are based on you being able to do the required tasks involved. Response on outcome given immediately upon receipt of background check.

Interview Questions

• The work involves you work shifts and lift cases weighing between 20 - 40 pounds. Are you able to do this?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sierra Vista, AZ).

Interview

Very easy as I had worked there before as a cashier. Asked a few questions and told me what the job entailed. Longest process was entering my info into the computer and waiting for back ground check to go through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great I believe he asked a the correct questions.
    The interviewer has a lot of experience in retail and with roller tree however he couldn't pay what I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Daytona Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the RM to set a time. Got there, she was running late so I had to wander the store a while. The interview went great, I pretty much had the job. I went in interviewing for Assistant Full-Time. Was told someone internal wanted it, so I was now interviewing for Assistant Part-Time which I'd apparently a real thing. They sent an email so I could authorize a background check, which I did. She sent me to meet the store manager I would be working for and interviewed briefly with him.

Then I got a call the next day telling me they gave it to someone else internal, despite internal candidates getting a 7day advance shot. So I went from having the job to "we'll keep you on file and let you know".

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (North Adams, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was very professional. The manager introduced me to all of the staff on the day of my interview and I felt at home. We went into the private room in the front of the store and talked about my previous work history. We had a great time.

Interview Questions

• What would kind of management expertise do you have?   5 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Exmore, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Exmore, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

I previously worked here as a teenager. Interview was quick and painless both times. Simple questions, nothing too personal. Store manager, as always, very light and comfortable to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel reaponsible for employee theft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Kansas City, KS) in August 2015.

Interview

I wad grandfathered in, however still had to sit down and talk. The job wad explained to me. I had a chance to ask questions. But it was not very professionally conducted.

Interview Questions

• Do I understand my job duties and responsibilities   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in on my interview day. There was no interview just a slew of questions on if i could do the duties expected. Was immediately promoted to assistant manager right then and there(I had much previous experience but he didnt even care or ask about it, let alone look at my resume) Then I was expected to start work after my interview without any previous notice. gtfoh The turnover rate is tremendous. I left and was never seen there again simply because i enjoyed working in a warehouse over this place. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Him: Can you stock a shelf?

Me: yeah

Him: Can you lift 25 pounds?

Me: yeah

Him: Can u start as soon as possible?

Me: yeah

Him: Would you like to be an assistant manager?

Me: yeah

Him: All right lets get you clocked in and started right now!

Me: No   3 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one. he was desperate and seemed careless. he promoted me at my interview lol

Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Salinas, CA).

Interview

First you speak with a District Manager then you're going to see the actual store manager. The process wasn't painful and if you have common sense you are going to do fine. It was a very easy interview and their not going to go to deep into tons of previous job experiences.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work at Dollar Tree?
      2. What hours can you work?
      3. Do you have reliable transportation?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (West Memphis, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. I was just told the expectations of me from the company and was given a quick review of what I would be doing in the position I applied for. We talked a little about the pay range and how the system works also.