Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar Tree

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Liberty, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I had one interview face to face with the General Store Manager which didn't take to long to finish. He was friendly the other managers were ok I started out as a cashier the moved up to asst. manager within I'd say 2 months.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I ever received was if we sold TVs in the store   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Wichita, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview

Was originally brought on as a cashier, so the interview process was fairly easy. I was called in for about a 15-20 minute interview, and was called back the next day with a job offer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was a cashier for a couple of years and then I got the opportunity to become an ASM, I was in training for around 2 months, after that the process took around 3 more weeks for background check and required info. I am now an ASM for Dollar Tree.

Interview Questions

• As an ASM we are required to know percentages and numbers that are not easy to remember, but with a little of studying I was k   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be patience, it takes around three months for you to get started and after that like a week, maybe two to start getting paid as ASM

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (American Fork, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Richmond, VA).

Interview

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions

• Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Clovis, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Anonymous Employee in Odenton, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Odenton, MD).

Interview

I had an initial interview with the Manager and one Assistant Manager. Then I went back for another interview with the Manager and the District Manager. They were in desperate need of an Assistant Manager so it went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

• Their really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hold out for more money. The pay is too low.