Dollar Tree Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 22, 2017

1.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Buford, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The district manager asked me basic questions about my background and how fast can I process freight.then he explained about the pay rate and gave me more insight about the company.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (West Melbourne, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and relax. Interviewed with the store manager. for about 20 minutes.The manager asked me about 10 questions that are the same for every retail job. She also asked me if I had ever thought about being a store manager and I said yes. This was due to the fact that I have a bachelors degree in service management.

Interview Questions

• How do you make your team like you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. I waited a month for my background to come bsck. During the interview we were bothered at least 5 times by people coming in and out of the office, phone ringing etc.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was so surreal for me! I am currently a college student and getting my bachelor's in business. This is the greatest opportunity! The hiring process was very smooth. I was invited to a store opening and completed the hiring process with the district manager. My goal while working here is to become a district manager and run 10+ stores or go even further. Everyone was very warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What strengths can I bring to their company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orange, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Well it took 2weeks for the background check I don't why I was going to tell them that I don't want the job but they called me after 11days so yeah

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Good interview. He didn't really ask any questions. Just told me about the company and I got offered the job. Had an interview with the store manager then got a call from the DM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $9 an hour but told them I need to think on it.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. they didn't ask any curve ball questions just the basics. It only lasted about 15-20 minutes and I was hired on the spot and they asked me to come back in the following week for training. I only had to wait for the background check to come back clear to start. They said they hire more for attitude than qualifications so make sure you are upbeat and professional.

Interview Questions

• How you dealt with a team. How you'd deal with someone not doing their job correctly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by the Store Manager in person and then by the District Manager by phone. The store manager asked me more about my previous job responsibilities and the district manager asked me more about my availability for the job and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your previous responsibilities at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Stratford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

They found my resume online the Regional Manager and emailed me.

Had a 10 minute interview with him on the phone and met the district manager of my area the same afternoon.

A day later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple retailer questions. Questions on management, scheduling, hiring and coaching employees. Basic retail 101   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really go back and forth for salary, their offering was pretty good so I just took it

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lafayette, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was a cashier and assistant manager job came up, filled out application handed it to DM. He asked if I wanted job? Told me there was a dollar pay raise, which at that time had I known how much work I would have to do with no help (no hours to give) I would of said no quickly and stayed cashier!