Dollar Tree Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

1.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called by the district manager and interviewed with her. I then interviewed with the store manager in the area who is the local trainer. After interviewing with both I was offered the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I interviewed with three store managers. The question were kind of vague and general. Pretty much just tell them what they want to hear. I was offered a job a day after the third interview and accepted

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Promoted within, but always hiring. Interview process is fairly simple. Common question, why do you want to work for the company, expectation. availability.

Negotiation

The salary, not much for an adult but better that I was making and needed at the time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Very easy hiring process for myself, started as a internal applicant

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Worcester, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Quick, painless, they were looking for a body, rudimentory questions, can you lift, can you work weekends, holidays, are you able and willing to unload a 1700 piece truck, are you able to put out 20 boxes in 15 min. How fast can you scan 5 orders at a register, does it bother you to be to work at 6 am? Just very simple questions, but asked very quickly to see if you get annoyed. The DM conducted the interview with the store manager present. Store manager is a really great guy (still stop by to see him and say hi) and the DM, while hard-nosed, was a decent person.

Interview Questions

• can you stock shelves and run a register at the same time   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none, was offered a rate, told after 90 days I could be training to be a store manager

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orange, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Well it took 2weeks for the background check I don't why I was going to tell them that I don't want the job but they called me after 11days so yeah

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lafayette, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was a cashier and assistant manager job came up, filled out application handed it to DM. He asked if I wanted job? Told me there was a dollar pay raise, which at that time had I known how much work I would have to do with no help (no hours to give) I would of said no quickly and stayed cashier!

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. I waited a month for my background to come bsck. During the interview we were bothered at least 5 times by people coming in and out of the office, phone ringing etc.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a job fair for local Dollar Tree stores hiring all positions. First I filled out a standard paper application, then went in for the first interview. The first interview was standard questions like "Why Dollar Tree" and a couple behavioral "How would you..." questions. First interview took about 15 minutes. Second interview was with the district manager and it consisted more about me talking about my experiences and what the job entails. One week later, I got an offer. Haven't decided whether to take it or not, because the pay is atrocious. Barely above minimum wage for a management position is just wrong...but I need the job so I will most likely take it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

It took a while after I had interviewed and was told I had gotten the position to actual start working. It was roughly a 3 week period bc I needed to have a second interview with the District Manager. After that I started and trained with the Store Manager for a month.

Interview Questions

• None really other than same old boring question...."why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question