Dollar Tree Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar Tree

1.2

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Redding, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a recommendation from an assistant manager that I had worked with at another job after finding myself unexpectedly unemployed. The manager seemed almost eager to hire me, though she said "This job is minimum wage." a total of five or more times during the interview. In fact, it all went so quickly I don't even remember if she asked me any real questions of note at all. I think she was trusting her assistant manager fully, which does make me feel kind of bad that I left the job without notice after getting an offer for something better.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't so much a question, just the frequency at which she mentioned that the job is minimum wage and only about 16 hours a week. I think she uses that as a test to see if the person she is interviewing is desperate enough to work for that little.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Either you accepted the terms, or they found some other desperate person who would, and in this economy there are no shortage of those.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy it wasnt really an interview at all i got hired on the spot. They didnt ask very many questions. It was very straight and to the point. There was maybe 5 basic questions that were asked. And they i got hired.

Interview Questions

• How many hours am i able to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing really

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Nampa, ID) in October 2018.

Interview

Very quick and informal. I was offered a job on the spot after confirming that I am eligible to work in the United States and can pass a background check!

Interview Questions

• How well can you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Are you okay with working Sundays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Clovis, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They ask the basic inane question that you’d expect with a retail job. Why do you want this position? Have you worked in retail before? How did you find this job offer? When can you start? etc...

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in this position   1 Answer