Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

1.4

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Norman, OK).

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview, they just want to make sure you're a person who can physically perform the job and won't threaten customers with a corkscrew. Beyond that it was meeting the managers present in the store and getting a little tour.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I was interested.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Golden, CO).

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application on a Saturday and was asked to come in for an interview that monday. When I went in for the interview, I was asked two questions and then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What os your availability?   2 Answers
    • Do you have an experience with a cash register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Mount Prospect, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very quick, and I initiated and directed most of the dialogue.. I took it upon myself because the manager that interviewed me was awkwardly quiet, and I guess that helped me because I lead the conversation to highlight my strengths instead of running into something that may have hurt my chances.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an unhappy customer come in and they were upset about previous service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Didn't ask much questions. Mostly about availability and start date. Pretty simple. I went in to ask if they were hiring and he said yes and to just fill out an application.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Phone call to come in for interview. Met with manager one on one and was asked basic questions. Very nice and made me feel comfortable with process. Said they would let me know either way

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Novi, MI).

Interview

I walked in the store one day asking for an application and the store manager was in the office heard me ask for the application and asked if I had time to fill it out there so I filled out the application and had an on-the-spot interview

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked if my availability was flexible   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hampton, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy, I saw on the door that they needed a cashier and I went online and applied instantly. I got a call 3 days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very easy, she asked me basic questions such as why should we hire you for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sun Valley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and easy. I was interviewed by the store manager, and was asked retail related questions. If you have worked in retail before, this should be a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult cu
      stomer   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I went in and did the online app .... I had to meet with 3 people. The manager ... The big manager... And.the head manager ... They loved me and hired me

Interview Questions

• How would I feel with being around a lot of ppl   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

The interview went smoothly but I was told if I had a injury I couldn't sue them and I couldn't get a schedule that was set it was going to very and the pay it was going to stay at 7.25