Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Norman, OK).

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview, they just want to make sure you're a person who can physically perform the job and won't threaten customers with a corkscrew. Beyond that it was meeting the managers present in the store and getting a little tour.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I was interested.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Golden, CO).

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application on a Saturday and was asked to come in for an interview that monday. When I went in for the interview, I was asked two questions and then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What os your availability?   2 Answers
    • Do you have an experience with a cash register?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Didn't ask much questions. Mostly about availability and start date. Pretty simple. I went in to ask if they were hiring and he said yes and to just fill out an application.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Phone call to come in for interview. Met with manager one on one and was asked basic questions. Very nice and made me feel comfortable with process. Said they would let me know either way

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Novi, MI).

Interview

I walked in the store one day asking for an application and the store manager was in the office heard me ask for the application and asked if I had time to fill it out there so I filled out the application and had an on-the-spot interview

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked if my availability was flexible   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sun Valley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sun Valley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very pleasant and easy. I was interviewed by the store manager, and was asked retail related questions. If you have worked in retail before, this should be a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult cu
      stomer
      2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

I went in and did the online app .... I had to meet with 3 people. The manager ... The big manager... And.the head manager ... They loved me and hired me

Interview Questions

• How would I feel with being around a lot of ppl   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

The interview went smoothly but I was told if I had a injury I couldn't sue them and I couldn't get a schedule that was set it was going to very and the pay it was going to stay at 7.25

Anonymous Employee in Milford, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Milford, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application at home and brought it in to my local Dollar Tree I met with the manager who looked over my application as well as my resume I brought with me. She told me the job was seasonal from October to Christmas week, and I was fine with that since I just wanted something to get back into the workforce. I was also told that may change due to turnover. With that, she brought me into her office and I was hired on the spot after she filled out new hire info on her computer. We went over dress codes and such. I was emailed more paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions as I was hired on the spot because I took the time to stay as the manager entered me in as a new hire.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bristol, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was quite simple - I was asked what sort of experience I had with handling cash, and was given a few scenarios to which I was suppose to tell them how I would handle the situation. Overall, it was straight forward, and resulted in me getting the job.