Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

1.4

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Submitted application to manager in person, spoke briefly with manager about my availability. Set appointment time to come back in and submit new hire information two days later. Called manager the following day and was given training schedule. Started working one week after applying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Birmingham, AL) in March 2009.

Interview

It was a just a regular interview

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do I think I will be able work here with no problems?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2011.

Interview

it was fast quick easy and fun

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offering my time as much as i can to work as many hours

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Manassas, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. He asked me if i had any previous employment, i said no and he said it was fine because i just got out of high school. He offered the position right there and said that the register would be easy to work.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2011.

Interview

I filled out a paper application and returned it to the manager. She accepted it and kept it on file. About three months later, she contacted me, saying she wanted an interview. I came in and talked to her for about 30 minutes. She didn't even ask me "generic" interview questions, mainly just questions about my availability and previous jobs. Her flexibility with regards to scheduling was clearly communicated as were her expectations. I was attending school at the time and she was incredibly understanding about my need for limited hours at first. Overall, the hiring and interview process was very positive.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

Interview

It was very easy. I just filled an application online, went into the store and gave it to the manager. She told me to call back in a week and I did, and I was lucky enough to get the job because two other cashiers quit and I had very good availability.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to use a cash register? Stock items/take inventory?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with being paid minimum wage?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to drive to the bank after hours to drop off the deposit?   Answer Question
    • Will you work holidays such as Easter, Mother's Day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate what days I could take off for school. Not pay however, you will only be paid minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Ashland, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied, got the interview, was hired, and started work all within 3 days of each other.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Camby, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Camby, IN) in April 2011.

Interview

I walked in and filled out an application and was hired 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• People most offen want to know if we sell tires, latters, spray paint, or shoes. I'm just surprised that people would think a dollar store would carry these items.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager asked if I wanted to be a cashier and I said yes.