Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Chesapeake, VA | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruitment is done by an outside firm that phone interview was pretty good the interview process is by the actual company the associate seem disinterested in disassociated from the interview

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled-out the online application. I was called to do a brief phone interview by an HR rep. Then I did a long-form phone interview with the hiring manager. From there I was given an assessment. I was then contacted by HR that I was being flown in to do in-person interviews with two hiring managers and their boss. After those interviews, I was contacted with an offer. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• In terms of communication, how would you communicate the findings of a report to an executive relative to a colleague or business owner?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interviewPhone interview with 3 people. It was hard to hear them at times. Lots of static and echo in the background. All 3 of them asked questions, mostly about how my last job working experience would relate to the position. Overall it was a positive experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. They asked me to take them through my resume and also asked about my project management experience. Then they asked for specific examples of projects that had been successful and projects that had not been successful. Found out they were offering $28,000 less than my current salary, so I told them I was not interested in pursuing a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my project management experience.   Answer Question
    • They asked for examples of projects I had led.   1 Answer

Low salary

CORE Merchandising Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. 48 hours later I had the phone interview. I was told i'd be contacted within a few days to know the status of the phone call. 2 hours later I received an email about scheduling an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• The competency based questions really made you think. They were a little different then your normal behavioral "tell me about a time when.. " questions. Come prepared   Answer Question

Buyer's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, very basic personality related interview questions. But NO CONSISTENCY, all interviews are different. I've sat in a panel interview to help my manager, the questions were different for every candidate he met with based on their previous experience & I've been through hoops with HR for in-house promotions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in retail?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told they do not negotiate for certain position such as hourly or with in-house employees being promoted.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied in person and got a phone call about 10-14 days later on a Friday and the interview was the next Monday, the assistant manager to whom I handed my application had recommended me for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and no more than 15 minutes long.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter call first, then followup call with hiring manager, onsite interview with manager and 2 directors. Everything was professionally handled and smooth. Everyone involved was very straight forward and honest

Interview Questions

• Technical and business questions regarding college projects on resume (I was a college-hire)   1 Answer

District Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was on-site at Big East career Fair. The company recruits in the spring at large conference career fairs and around the VA area. After completing the on-site interview with a Regional Director, I was passed on to corporate. I was invited over the phone to an all day event at the corporate headquarters in Chesapeake, VA.

The corporate interview was broken down into three parts. First, the head of college recruiting the night of arrival held a group dinner. The first half of the interview day consisted of multiple information sessions. It consisted of job overview, salary and benefit calculations, and tour of the distribution center. The second half of the day consisted of interviews with all levels of HR. A total of 5 interviews were completed.

I received a call a week later, then an official offer within two weeks.

The corporate environment was business casual. I was impressed that even the CEO was eating in the cafeteria where we had our group lunch. Our group was greeted by almost everyone we walked past.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a product/ invention that would enhance the retail environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. There was little to no increase after negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

The recruiter was extremely disorganized. It was had to get her to reply to my emails when she was gathering information from me about my experience, salary, references, etc.
    I think the process would have been faster if the recruiter was not involved and the hiring manager was in charge. The interviews themselves were standard but several people interviewed me and they all seemed to ask the same general questions, what were my strengths and what were my weaknesses, basic interview 101 course questions. They were very helpful in describing the position.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employeer tell me about you?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not feel like I could negotiate the pay or benefits, other than my actual start date.