Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Didn't ask much questions. Mostly about availability and start date. Pretty simple. I went in to ask if they were hiring and he said yes and to just fill out an application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great I believe he asked a the correct questions.
    The interviewer has a lot of experience in retail and with roller tree however he couldn't pay what I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

N/A

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

This store requires you to apply at the store your applying for. Printed out the application at home then took it into the store. This particular store is very slow getting back. One person said there was a position available and went in next day and another said they were not accepting applications. Turned in an application anyway in case there were positions available in the future.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I called one night to see if they had any openings for weekends or early mornings. I was given an interview the next morning. I got the job within 10 mins. The managers were very nice, and they were very upfront about the job. The only downside was that it seemed truncated due to it being during business hours.

Interview Questions

• It was really just a conversation about my background and work ethics.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

The interview process was simple giving I have 10+yrs in management, basically problem solving, customer service skill , how to deligate, how to choose who to give certain jobs in the store too...... m..... .... ..... ..... m..... .....m.....m..m.m.m m. M. M. M .m .n m

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in on my interview day. There was no interview just a slew of questions on if i could do the duties expected. Was immediately promoted to assistant manager right then and there(I had much previous experience but he didnt even care or ask about it, let alone look at my resume) Then I was expected to start work after my interview without any previous notice. gtfoh The turnover rate is tremendous. I left and was never seen there again simply because i enjoyed working in a warehouse over this place. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Him: Can you stock a shelf?

Me: yeah

Him: Can you lift 25 pounds?

Me: yeah

Him: Can u start as soon as possible?

Me: yeah

Him: Would you like to be an assistant manager?

Me: yeah

Him: All right lets get you clocked in and started right now!

Me: No
      3 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one. he was desperate and seemed careless. he promoted me at my interview lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Niles, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a District Manager which was a great interview. BUT he sent my resume to a Store Manager without sending my contact number or my application which was online with their company website. He told me the store manager would be calling me for an interview, after I did not hear from her after almost a week I made contact with the Store Manager myself to let her know I was out of town on a family emergency which I was then told that there were plenty of positions open for Assistant Managers and to let her know when I returned. Also she had sent me an email from her husbands personal email account so it went in my junk mail and I would have never seen it unless I had called her. When I called her back the following Monday I was told to contact the District Manager that I interviewed with originally. He informed me that they had filled all the open positions. So they only hire friends and family members for this company because they are biased and failed to proceed in the hiring process as an equal opportunity employer!

Interview Questions

• What would be an improvement for their store?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the HR manager. 2nd interview was on site with the AGM and GM. General questions and situations. Final interview with Director was lengthy but basic.
    You need to be a subject matter expert and it helps to be able to opine on former employers, hurdles, and specific steps you used to overcome the issue.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of interaction with your subordinate managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was very difficult. The GM presents the offer but can't negotiate. You spend a week going back and forth as he relays your concerns and requests with the Director.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Was after a position for 2 months amd finally the gave me an interview. The manager intervview me and gave me the tasks needed to be done.I accepted this offer after the interview