Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.5

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Niles, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a District Manager which was a great interview. BUT he sent my resume to a Store Manager without sending my contact number or my application which was online with their company website. He told me the store manager would be calling me for an interview, after I did not hear from her after almost a week I made contact with the Store Manager myself to let her know I was out of town on a family emergency which I was then told that there were plenty of positions open for Assistant Managers and to let her know when I returned. Also she had sent me an email from her husbands personal email account so it went in my junk mail and I would have never seen it unless I had called her. When I called her back the following Monday I was told to contact the District Manager that I interviewed with originally. He informed me that they had filled all the open positions. So they only hire friends and family members for this company because they are biased and failed to proceed in the hiring process as an equal opportunity employer!

Interview Questions

• What would be an improvement for their store?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

This store requires you to apply at the store your applying for. Printed out the application at home then took it into the store. This particular store is very slow getting back. One person said there was a position available and went in next day and another said they were not accepting applications. Turned in an application anyway in case there were positions available in the future.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I called one night to see if they had any openings for weekends or early mornings. I was given an interview the next morning. I got the job within 10 mins. The managers were very nice, and they were very upfront about the job. The only downside was that it seemed truncated due to it being during business hours.

Interview Questions

• It was really just a conversation about my background and work ethics.   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Was after a position for 2 months amd finally the gave me an interview. The manager intervview me and gave me the tasks needed to be done.I accepted this offer after the interview

Cashier and Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hoffman Estates, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Dressed up, answer some questions, do a quiz on the computer and you're all good to go.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Basicaly, my employer/manager just asked if I wanted a job. Five minuet interview and I was in.

Interview was oddly simple, but again, Dollar Tree doesn't care how much exp. you have, only if you have flexable hours and crap. Not much for the interview process or anything, just a simple 1-1 talk.

Negotiation

I was told, "If you want the job you have it."

My advice? NEVER SAY YES TO DOLLAR TREE.

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Didn't ask much questions. Mostly about availability and start date. Pretty simple. I went in to ask if they were hiring and he said yes and to just fill out an application.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great I believe he asked a the correct questions.
    The interviewer has a lot of experience in retail and with roller tree however he couldn't pay what I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Paper applications only. Once submitted, I was interviewed and hired on the spot. Very laid back and casual interview. Questions are mainly on your customer service experience and ability to work in a diverse work environment.

Interview Questions

• Focuses on customer service and work accountability   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

The interview process was simple giving I have 10+yrs in management, basically problem solving, customer service skill , how to deligate, how to choose who to give certain jobs in the store too...... m..... .... ..... ..... m..... .....m.....m..m.m.m m. M. M. M .m .n m

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you   1 Answer