Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

1.5

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Didn't ask much questions. Mostly about availability and start date. Pretty simple. I went in to ask if they were hiring and he said yes and to just fill out an application.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great I believe he asked a the correct questions.
    The interviewer has a lot of experience in retail and with roller tree however he couldn't pay what I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

N/A

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

This store requires you to apply at the store your applying for. Printed out the application at home then took it into the store. This particular store is very slow getting back. One person said there was a position available and went in next day and another said they were not accepting applications. Turned in an application anyway in case there were positions available in the future.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I called one night to see if they had any openings for weekends or early mornings. I was given an interview the next morning. I got the job within 10 mins. The managers were very nice, and they were very upfront about the job. The only downside was that it seemed truncated due to it being during business hours.

Interview Questions

• It was really just a conversation about my background and work ethics.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Tinley Park, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Paper applications only. Once submitted, I was interviewed and hired on the spot. Very laid back and casual interview. Questions are mainly on your customer service experience and ability to work in a diverse work environment.

Interview Questions

• Focuses on customer service and work accountability   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

The interview process was simple giving I have 10+yrs in management, basically problem solving, customer service skill , how to deligate, how to choose who to give certain jobs in the store too...... m..... .... ..... ..... m..... .....m.....m..m.m.m m. M. M. M .m .n m

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Was after a position for 2 months amd finally the gave me an interview. The manager intervview me and gave me the tasks needed to be done.I accepted this offer after the interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in on my interview day. There was no interview just a slew of questions on if i could do the duties expected. Was immediately promoted to assistant manager right then and there(I had much previous experience but he didnt even care or ask about it, let alone look at my resume) Then I was expected to start work after my interview without any previous notice. gtfoh The turnover rate is tremendous. I left and was never seen there again simply because i enjoyed working in a warehouse over this place. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Him: Can you stock a shelf?

Me: yeah

Him: Can you lift 25 pounds?

Me: yeah

Him: Can u start as soon as possible?

Me: yeah

Him: Would you like to be an assistant manager?

Me: yeah

Him: All right lets get you clocked in and started right now!

Me: No
      3 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one. he was desperate and seemed careless. he promoted me at my interview lol

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the HR manager. 2nd interview was on site with the AGM and GM. General questions and situations. Final interview with Director was lengthy but basic.
    You need to be a subject matter expert and it helps to be able to opine on former employers, hurdles, and specific steps you used to overcome the issue.

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of interaction with your subordinate managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation was very difficult. The GM presents the offer but can't negotiate. You spend a week going back and forth as he relays your concerns and requests with the Director.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I asked the cashier for an application, I completed it while I was there. Asked where the manager was, walked up to the manager with my application, Chatted a few minutes told him my background and about my work ethic and was hired on the spot. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• what is your procedure for recovering the store, stocking the shelves and greeting the customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation they pay minimum wage no matter how much experience you have.