Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

1.5

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

there was no real interview. turn in your application to the store manager and he tells you what you'll do. he'll ask you to call him within 2 days if you still want the job and then you get it. takes about 3 weeks to get a schedule. and the pay sucks. minimum wage for only 2 to 3 days a week at 4 maybe 5 hour shifts.

Interview Questions

• have you ever been a cashier before?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in East York, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (East York, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Walked in looking for a job and she interviewed me right at checkout. It was not a normal interview. I was hired originally as a temp for Christmas without an interview or application. I filled out the online paperwork and started within a week. I did not know much about the job when I first started.

Anonymous Employee in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Grants Pass, OR).

Interview

I was interviewed and went home and no sooner did I get home, the nice lady who interviewed me called me back and asked if I could come in to work that day. I was very excited and said yes

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Quick and easy got hired on the spot. She just looked at my resume and read it. And she asked how's my availability can I work holidays weekends and nights.

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Taylor, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Crazy no one knew what they were doing , couldn't get the computer to work. While manager was with me the employees left the customer standing waiting most just walked out of the store. Had managers that had no business being one. I worked in a bank four 6yrs was head teller and vault teller, checking account, CDs, iras, customer service always make them feel that you care and want to help them this bone heads are just to lazy to go check in the back for them!

Negotiation

I really liked mY job but you really have to be a people person, and know your water around retail
    And cash register, you have to be quick but consistent watch the customers because u have tho
    se few that like to pull a fast one on you

If I could I would really love to come back just that I would like to be a manager because 17 and 18 yr olds managers that won't help with cashing out customers and the line is to the back wall and she sat in the office on her cell phone was unreal

Anonymous Employee in Bergenfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bergenfield, NJ).

Interview

easy not to hard basic questions they do training so its not to hard they just want hard workers also workers that have an open schedule is a plus because they need the availability when it comes to being a cashier

Interview Questions

• what would I bring to the company to help it grow?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview went quickly, received a phone call to come in for an interview. After coming in the Manager asked me to tell her about myself a bit and that was basically it. She explained the pay and asked what hours I am available. The entire process took about 10 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

This was the easiest. I went in person before Christmas and spoke to the Manager, handed her the application and told her i needed a job that i just moved to the area. She barely asked me questions and hired me on the spot. I went with my mom but she didnt hire my mom because they dont really hire family.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The event was held in the career center. Did not have any resumes with me. It was a walk in. Very simple interview. No tough questions. The hiring manager was very friendly. He was impressed with my education.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience? Do you shop in Dollar tree?   1 Answer
    • What would be the best role for you? Cashier or inventory keeper?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

Easy.. Manager Lisa White talked more about herself than wanting to know a lot about me except my availability. Was told what the dress code was and started work the next day !!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was NO Negotiation.