Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar Tree

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Camden, TN) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was easy and make you feel comfortable. Usually you are nervous in an interview, but not this one. She shook my hand, and introduced herself to start the interview.

Interview Questions

• Mainly ask if I knew about computers and how the cash register worked.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbia, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I applied to the store online. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. I arrived at the interview clean, wearing slacks and a nice shirt, and alive with a pulse. There was no real substance to the interview. I was told to come back the next week for paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions - not even about why I wanted to work there!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Damascus, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Damascus, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I went in and picked up an application, I turned it in two days later. Two days after that the manager called me and set up an interview that day. I was offered the job right then and there after chatting with the manager for a while.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions. It was "tell me about yourself" but he did most of the talking. He didn't ask anything of me, it was mostly him explaining how things worked there. He asked if I had any experience working the register.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage, and he made that clear at the beginning so that there was no confusion, which I appreciate.

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jamestown, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Meeting the store manager, receiving a basic interview and then leaving.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Vancouver, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

It lasted about 15 minutes and I was hired on the spot. The manager was nice and seem like a good person and I was very excited to get a job with the little experience that I had. It's a good place to work at, but not really for the long-term.

Interview Questions

• When I was available to work, experience, am I good with people   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Annandale, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was hired on the spot, just came in for some logistics as to when training was and the salary as well as a job description. There wasn't much of an interview, she only asked about who I was as a person and my availabilities, nothing hard except for a background check that will be done later.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I got the interview due to my friend who was working there at the time. It was my first interview so I didnt know what to expect. I think that as soon as I walked into the office, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• She didnt really ask many questions other than how scheduling would work out. She gave me the rundown of tasks I would have to do and said she'd start me 2 weeks later. Right at the start of Christmas seasonal time. How fabulous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I asked the cashier for an application, I completed it while I was there. Asked where the manager was, walked up to the manager with my application, Chatted a few minutes told him my background and about my work ethic and was hired on the spot. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• what is your procedure for recovering the store, stocking the shelves and greeting the customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation they pay minimum wage no matter how much experience you have.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2014.

Interview

I honestly didn't have a interview. I filled out an application and about a week later i was called in. she said she could get me hired on. So when i went there the manager was nice, but very unorganized! I had to go next door myself to make a copy of my ID for her. They don't have a copier there, just a printer. The office is very tiny. The internet seemed like dial up. I had to answer a few questions to do on the comp. and i know it took about a hour because i was waiting for the screen to load! She just asked me if i cashiered before, could i come in sometimes when she called me in and how far do i live, that was it. After i filled out paper work, the next day i started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, i was partime cashier as 7.35 a hour

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bay Shore, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied seasonally so they were looking for help. The manager took my paper application I'd just filled out and asked me then and there to sit down for an interview. Looked over the short application form, then asked about my work history and the hours I was available, and told me to fill out the email within the next day or so, so I could start work immediately.