Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Temple, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with a Regional Trainer very laid back asked questions about the company and where do I see myself within the company. My second interview was a phone interview with the Human Resources the District Manager and the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about shrinks. Tell me about Sales. Tell me about Comparison Report.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got offered $ 40,000 and I accepted

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Carteret, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer goes over a series of questions about your work history and college education. Then they ask you some questions that are of hypothetical situations on the job. Then they tell you they will contact you shortly via email to answer some further questions on a form to submit back to them before yu have your second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had two co-workers who did not get along?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to a "hiring event" so there was no preliminary phone interview. For this reason I waited an hour for my turn to be interviewed by 2 district managers. The interview questions, with the exception of 1 or 2, seem to be all centered around how well and how fast you could move freight. They wanted to know your experience at moving large amounts of freight. Moving freight seems to be their only concern. Not one question was about your strengths and weaknesses, how well you could lead a team or your ability/experience in cash management. The interview was bizarre to say the least. After the interview I came to the conclusion that the store manager was pretty much a position of a "glorified stock worker" would be abused in terms of the number of hours worked. He/she is the only salaried person on the staff and therefore is exempt from overtime regulations. They are given the title of a "white collar" job but nothing could be further from the truth. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and just about all dollar type stores.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences in moving freight what was the average amount of freight that you moved on a weekly basis?
      Did you ever lead a freight team?
      If 3 people "called-in" right after you received freight for the week how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2015.

Interview

Filled application online Monday and finished the assessment. 25-30 mins later I got a call to come in Tuesday at 8am for an interview. I also had to interview with the DMs manager the next week.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to lead your team to success?
      How do you choose an applicant to hire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You come with a number and they will try hard to match it. They also get monthly bonuses while my past employer was quarterly. Honestly I'd rather have a little extra each month instead of waiting for 3.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Knoxville, TN) in November 2013.

Interview

I posted my resume on the Career Builder web site and I was actually called for an interview by the district manager for the Dollar Tree district operating in my area for an interview. After speaking with the district manager, she asked me to fill out an application for the position before the interview. The job application was on their web side and was pretty straightforward to follow. It included some questions specific to the job and tasks related to the job and some personality questions. I interviewed for the store manager position at one of the local stores and was to meet the DM there for the interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early with my suit on but had to wait about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time for the interview. The DM was not in the store, but was en route according to the store manager. I was always told to put my best foot forward while interviewing as I was selling myself to a company. But the company one is interviewing at is also suppose to do the same in turn. Making me wait a long time in a store that was dirty and old did not really impress me much and I already had a bad impression of this company before the interview even started. I spoke to the store manager a little while he was stocking shelves. When the DM finally arrived, she did not immediately see me, she spoke to the store manager a little about the condition of the store and I overheard him talking to her about being short staffed and working on this 15th straight day. This also did not leave me with a good impression. During the interview, she wanted to know a little about me and my work exp. Then she went into what the company was offering and very little about what was involved in the job. I had to ask her more details about the job in order to get an idea of what was expected. The most important thing they seem to stress is your ability to put up freight in a store, ie.how fast and how much stock you can put up on the shelves in a certain amount of time. I have 15 years of retail management exp. and if you have lots of exp. in retail management this may not be the best option for you as the store manager job at this company appears to be mostly a glorified stock person position. There was suppose to be a 2nd interview you have after the first which if you make it to, is a panel interview. I never got too this stage as my management and sales skills did not seem important to them. They seemed most interested in my ability to stock shelves.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions during this interview. I did not expect that they place a very high value on your ability to stock shelves fast if you are a store manager.   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

Interview

They are looking for people who can maintain Shrink, know what that means be able to give specific examples. They also want you to be real, don't tell them you will work 100 hours a week, they want to hear you can do it in 45.

Interview Questions

• They asked detailed positions including addresses of old employers, it caught me off guard and I wasn't sure of a few addresses, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed with 2 DM's they then set me up with a round table interview done via phone, there was 4 people on a conference call that interviewed me. Two days later I was called with an offer. The offer was to work 1 hour and 15 mins from home, I negotiated a closer store and they made it happen. Seems to be really willing to work with you. Also I told them I wanted X amount per year they offered me $6,000 more than I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Buffalo, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Received a call from DM. They pulled my resume from online. Went in for an interview. Asked the standard questions about my experience and background. Rrceived a call a couple days later about a second interview with another DM. Phone interview lasted about 45 min. Then received a call from the RM. That call lasted about 30 min. Was tolg the DM would be contacting my references and received an offer 2 days later. Overall process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was well within my pay range.