Dollar Tree Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 746 interviews

Employee Referral17%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Temple, TX) in Sep 2016

Interview

My first interview was with a Regional Trainer very laid back asked questions about the company and where do I see myself within the company. My second interview was a phone interview with the Human Resources the District Manager and the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about shrinks. Tell me about Sales. Tell me about Comparison Report.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Carteret, NJ) in Oct 2015

Interview

The interviewer goes over a series of questions about your work history and college education. Then they ask you some questions that are of hypothetical situations on the job. Then they tell you they will contact you shortly via email to answer some further questions on a form to submit back to them before yu have your second interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had two co-workers who did not get along?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in Jun 2015

Interview

I went to a "hiring event" so there was no preliminary phone interview. For this reason I waited an hour for my turn to be interviewed by 2 district managers. The interview questions, with the exception of 1 or 2, seem to be all centered around how well and how fast you could move freight. They wanted to know your experience at moving large amounts of freight. Moving freight seems to be their only concern. Not one question was about your strengths and weaknesses, how well you could lead a team or your ability/experience in cash management. The interview was bizarre to say the least. After the interview I came to the conclusion that the store manager was pretty much a position of a "glorified stock worker" would be abused in terms of the number of hours worked. He/she is the only salaried person on the staff and therefore is exempt from overtime regulations. They are given the title of a "white collar" job but nothing could be further from the truth. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and just about all dollar type stores.

Interview Questions
  • In your past experiences in moving freight what was the average amount of freight that you moved on a weekly basis? Did you ever lead a freight team? If 3 people "called-in" right after you received freight for the week how would you handle the situation?
5 people found this interview helpful

Dollar Tree

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in Apr 2015

Interview

Filled application online Monday and finished the assessment. 25-30 mins later I got a call to come in Tuesday at 8am for an interview. I also had to interview with the DMs manager the next week.

Interview Questions
  • What have you done to lead your team to success? How do you choose an applicant to hire?
7 people found this interview helpful