Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.2

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jackson, MI).

Interview

I got my app lotion. I turned in my application. Maybe a week or two later I got a call and scheduled a interview. I had the interview. They didn't call me back. I assumed they didn't want me for the job.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Phone call to come in for interview. Met with manager one on one and was asked basic questions. Very nice and made me feel comfortable with process. Said they would let me know either way

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Victorville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited 3 hours outside the store before the open interview and the first 10 people would be interviewed. The manager explained that all the dollar trees are always hiring and that she would place us in a specific group (cashier,stocker) based on our work experience. The interview was very simple it was mostly based on availability and any information we had on our application/resume. When I asked if they were hiring the manager said that she wasn't necessarily hiring but she was placing people in groups so that when she's ready to hire she knows who to call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Olympia, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to bring in my resume and an application. And then I waited a couple days to a couple weeks before getting a call. I almost didn't get the job because they thought I was faking my age

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruitment is done by an outside firm that phone interview was pretty good the interview process is by the actual company the associate seem disinterested in disassociated from the interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The store was super busy when I had my interview scheduled and I spent about 15 minutes waiting for store to slow down so the interview could start. It lasted about 15 minutes. All general information about past jobs and possible physical limitations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a job you worked was disorganized and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2016.

Interview

I showed up at the time the manager told me, then had to wait 30 minutes to be interviewed. That's understandable, as the District Manager had visited unexpectedly. The manager who called me ended up checking customers out while the DM interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dissatisfied customer?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you more of a follower or do you take initiative?   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Quick and easy got hired on the spot. She just looked at my resume and read it. And she asked how's my availability can I work holidays weekends and nights.

Tax Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very fair. I was eager to learn more about their business. They offer fair salary, bonus and employee stock purchase plan. The questions were more related to my experience.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Provo, UT) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a group of 4 or 5 other Sr. Logistic Analysts. It was a very enjoyable conversation and I felt was very representative of the more relaxed culture that exists at Dollar Tree. As I said before, it felt more like a conversation than an interview, which I very much appreciated.