Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Norman, OK).

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview, they just want to make sure you're a person who can physically perform the job and won't threaten customers with a corkscrew. Beyond that it was meeting the managers present in the store and getting a little tour.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I was interested.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Golden, CO).

Interview

I went into the store to ask for an application on a Saturday and was asked to come in for an interview that monday. When I went in for the interview, I was asked two questions and then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What os your availability?   2 Answers
    • Do you have an experience with a cash register?   1 Answer

General Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Ridgefield, WA).

Interview

They took us on a tour of the warehouse, had a group interview with about 5 people, then had us wait in the hall while they called each of us in for a one-on-one interview/job offer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was quick. They liked me, my attitude so I guy the job. I already had experience in retail, so it mad it easy for me to catch on with my work faster.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Aurora, IL).

Interview

Didn't ask much questions. Mostly about availability and start date. Pretty simple. I went in to ask if they were hiring and he said yes and to just fill out an application.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Phone call to come in for interview. Met with manager one on one and was asked basic questions. Very nice and made me feel comfortable with process. Said they would let me know either way

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Novi, MI).

Interview

I walked in the store one day asking for an application and the store manager was in the office heard me ask for the application and asked if I had time to fill it out there so I filled out the application and had an on-the-spot interview

Interview Questions

• Store Manager asked if my availability was flexible   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Simple, short and needy. I was basically asked when could I start and will I show up to work. Did not seem interested in future or current employees. Received and offer and rejected due to unprofessional interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (West Melbourne, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very laid back and relax. Interviewed with the store manager. for about 20 minutes.The manager asked me about 10 questions that are the same for every retail job. She also asked me if I had ever thought about being a store manager and I said yes. This was due to the fact that I have a bachelors degree in service management.

Interview Questions

• How do you make your team like you?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sanford, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very informal and casual, which was fine. Filled out a brief application (pick up in store or print from web site) and return to branch manager. Then you are sent to a regional re district manager for a more in depth interview and if hired, to fill out paperwork the next visit. It was all quite friendly and a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in sales or meeting the public.   1 Answer