Dollar Tree Cashier/Stocker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Cashier/Stocker Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar Tree

1.5

Anonymous Employee in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (La Vergne, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

There was no interview. I walked in and filled out an application and was hired. The only question I was asked is if I could work any hours. This company has a very high turnover rate. They need a better interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was interviewed by Kevin Hunt. The very next day, I was at the store taking the tests required to complete the job process. The testing was very long, and had a lot of questions to answer correctly or you didn't get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Woodbridge, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview questions are very basic. I have not had an interview at Dollar Tree for years, but I remember breezing the interview on my first attempt. I had only done 2 other interviews prior. As long as you remain calm and can communicate properly you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for short-term and long-term employement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual, was asked a few questions from the handbook but overall it was clear they just wanted to know if you could lift 25 lbs and you were comfortable interacting with customers. I was referred by another associate so that made it a little easier to be hired. It was a pretty easy interview and I was asked to come back the next day to set up my employee profile.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could lift 25 lbs   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

he application was print out so I told it to the store along with my resume. I asked to speak to the hiring manger who came in like two minutes. They looked over my application and asked if I was at least 18- which I was. After that they pretty much just told me about what jobs they were hiring for and asked if I would like those jobs. The process took like 10 minutes tops and I walked out with a job. I actually applied at two stores that day and got both the jobs in pretty much the same fashion. One of the managers said my business casual outfit is what got me the job so quickly.

Interview Questions

• Was I at least 18? Was I good with my hands? What kind of hours was I interested in?   1 Answer

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

The manager was so nice and hired me on the spot! This was my first time interviewing for a job and I had an amazing experience, all the employees are super welcoming and patient.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I've ever worked before this and what my availability was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the job and pay immediately because I really needed a job.

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Roseville, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy, bring in a resume and application. They ask you simple questions and are easy to work with. The manager is very nice and easy to talk too. Make sure you walk in well dressed with application and resume and ask them when you can schedule an interview, they will give you a date and time.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience? How long did I wanna work there? When can I start?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Birmingham, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

Excellent, formal and plight. Simple-ask you can you perform the duties of Dollar Tree and handle the schedule. They walked me through the store told me about how the system works and a layout of my duties

Interview Questions

• Can you perform the duties of Dollar Tree and handle the schedule   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Paula, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Santa Paula, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

They first ask you to submit an application. It's your standard name, education, employment history type form. They will call you in for a face-to-face interview and ask you standard interview questions. It is conducted in the common office so people will be coming and going to and from the office the whole while.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer started becoming angry in the store?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw someone stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

The process is average very professional. Many questions on what type of person I am. How do you handle day to day events. Are you reliable to work a on call schedule or open schedule.

Interview Questions

• if a customer comes in angry and blaming you for everything what do you do?   1 Answer