Dollar Tree Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.4

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Annapolis, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional. It wasn't that long about half hour and afterwards your new hire paperwork is completed and you get your pay card (if that's what you choose and schedule that day. It was a good and comfortable interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked like what would you do if having to work under pressure with a deadline, how would you deal with an angry customer, and how to work with a coworker that wasn't "favorable" so to speak.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Spring Hill, FL).

Interview

None really . They are desperate for bodies because everyone gets fired. Three write ups and your gone. Expect them to write you up and not train you properly. You only get 10 minutes of training and watch a video that is as old as dinosaurs.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Evansville, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

The manager called me back two days after I submitted my application and I got an interview for the next day. I was hired during my interview which consisted of the basic questions about who you are and why you applied. It took about a week after my interview to actually start working however because it took so long for higher up management to put me in the system so that she could put me on the schedule

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was quick. They liked me, my attitude so I guy the job. I already had experience in retail, so it mad it easy for me to catch on with my work faster.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Victorville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited 3 hours outside the store before the open interview and the first 10 people would be interviewed. The manager explained that all the dollar trees are always hiring and that she would place us in a specific group (cashier,stocker) based on our work experience. The interview was very simple it was mostly based on availability and any information we had on our application/resume. When I asked if they were hiring the manager said that she wasn't necessarily hiring but she was placing people in groups so that when she's ready to hire she knows who to call.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Batesville, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the manager. it went great he hired me on the spot. The paper work took about
    a week to get finished. It was the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind speaking on the intercom for the daily specials.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Roseville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got an interview several days later; the interview was very quick and easy, and I was told to wait for an e-mail, which I never received.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The store was super busy when I had my interview scheduled and I spent about 15 minutes waiting for store to slow down so the interview could start. It lasted about 15 minutes. All general information about past jobs and possible physical limitations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a job you worked was disorganized and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Marietta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and simple. It was a phone call three days after I sent my application in, and she setup an interview based off my schedule. She pretty much ask did the hours work for me, and if this was something I wanted to do.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX).

Interview

Completed a 10-15 minute interview with the hiring manager. Within the interview I was asked numerous questions regarding being an employee of Dollar Tree, and i was hired the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring into the store?   1 Answer