Dollar Tree Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollar Tree

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Stockbridge, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

Waisted my time and money to get there. The store had a hiring fair. When I showed up it was no one to interview us after they finally found an assistant manager I was interviewed n told someone will get back with me next day. No one ever did so I called them back. They told me some long story bout the district managers having to fly out to a next state. If you guys knew that why still have that sign up. Smh very unprofessional and waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Nampa, ID) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied in-person on October 15. Got a call on October 23 and interviewed October 24. It was really easy; the manager's main concern was if I was going to show up and do my job, as she has had a lot of people walk out or not show up. She emphasized that the job was stressful and had low pay, but there was a lot of movement in the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Are you interested in moving up in the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

5 minutes. He saw immediately what he was looking for! Immediately following the interview I was filling out paperwork and being put on the schedule. He explained the pay wasn’t great after he discovered I have a Bachelors degree but I explained I was looking for something with minimal responsibility. My husband makes the good money. I did attempt to negotiate from 7.75 to 8.00 but it’s not possible. Starting salary today is 8.60 which is pretty significant in increase. Depending on the store manager the interview process is very simple. Also we have regular hiring events which always is a good way to show off your personality. Looking for hardworking, fast learning, and positive attitudes. The ability to catch on quickly is crucial if you want to advance with the company!

Interview Questions

• Are you a felon? Dollar tree is a second chance company so it will not be held against you but if you are I like to give the second chance when I can.   1 Answer
    • Do you work well with others?   1 Answer
    • I’m one of the few Dollar Tree male managers. As well as my full time assistant manager. Will you accept a job knowing that we will respect you as a woman and not show our egos?   1 Answer
    • Are you looking to advance?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buckeye, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Buckeye, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after a month. Very cut and dry. It was more of a "this is what you are expected to do for this position, these are the hours, etc. Do you want to work for us?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Somerset, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview was straight forward. They asked basic questions that are typically done in an interview. It was done in the managers office and no longer than 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bridgeport, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Simple be responsible and on time, its super simple just call or go in person its not a top secret hard job they can hire you if willing to work and not be lazy and be a good staff member the process was fairly quick. Its a good job for a highschooler or someone partime to make a lil extra cheddar, not for slow people who cant keep up with a fast paced environment

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I submitted an application in person, they called that exact same day to schedule an interview within that week. Just asked simple questions, it was a one on one with the store manager. Not too intimidating, pretty simple.

Anonymous Employee in Clover, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Clover, SC).

Interview

They Called me in to meet with a hiring manager in person, it lasted about ten to fifteen minutes, only basic questions were asked. The manager was nice and straight forward

Interview Questions

• Any experience as a chashier/any experience in retail   1 Answer
    • What is your availability   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Nashville, TN).

Interview

It was a good one. I applied online and answered the first interview question regarding whether or not I had basic skills. I look forward to answering more interview questions by phone or online.

Interview Questions

• If I could clean and stock.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Diego, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The process took about 2 months for me. My initial application was lost and I was asked to fill out another when I went in the store to check in. Once I turned in the second application, it was about a week and a half before I was called to schedule an in person interview with the manager a couple of days later. When I went in for the interview it was like she was trying to sell me the job! We chatted nonchalantly about the staff, hours, availability, and pay for about 30 minutes before she set me up in the system. Very easy, very relaxed. If you really want a job here, persistence and checking in is key!

Interview Questions

• What did you like most about working for (.....insert past company here)   Answer Question
    • What did you dislike most about working for (.....insert past company here)   Answer Question