Dollar Tree Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was quick. They liked me, my attitude so I guy the job. I already had experience in retail, so it mad it easy for me to catch on with my work faster.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Victorville, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Waited 3 hours outside the store before the open interview and the first 10 people would be interviewed. The manager explained that all the dollar trees are always hiring and that she would place us in a specific group (cashier,stocker) based on our work experience. The interview was very simple it was mostly based on availability and any information we had on our application/resume. When I asked if they were hiring the manager said that she wasn't necessarily hiring but she was placing people in groups so that when she's ready to hire she knows who to call.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Batesville, MS) in December 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with the manager. it went great he hired me on the spot. The paper work took about
    a week to get finished. It was the holiday season.

Interview Questions

• Would you mind speaking on the intercom for the daily specials.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Roseville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied in person and got an interview several days later; the interview was very quick and easy, and I was told to wait for an e-mail, which I never received.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The store was super busy when I had my interview scheduled and I spent about 15 minutes waiting for store to slow down so the interview could start. It lasted about 15 minutes. All general information about past jobs and possible physical limitations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a job you worked was disorganized and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Marietta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and simple. It was a phone call three days after I sent my application in, and she setup an interview based off my schedule. She pretty much ask did the hours work for me, and if this was something I wanted to do.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX).

Interview

Completed a 10-15 minute interview with the hiring manager. Within the interview I was asked numerous questions regarding being an employee of Dollar Tree, and i was hired the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring into the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

This store requires you to apply at the store your applying for. Printed out the application at home then took it into the store. This particular store is very slow getting back. One person said there was a position available and went in next day and another said they were not accepting applications. Turned in an application anyway in case there were positions available in the future.

Anonymous Employee in Golden Gate, Collier, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Golden Gate, Collier, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Filled out a paper application and was interviewed on the spot. I was vary over qualified for the position however their is potential for real growth with in the company. As I was interviewed by the store manager I let him know that the work he is asking for I have had extensive training for from my last job. Some of the things we discussed were work ethic, attentiveness to detail, dealing with pressure, composition, and most importantly reliability.

Interview Questions

• What were some of my qualifications insofar as what it related to the experience he needs for his store.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I waited in line for an hour and a half to be interviewed for 10 seconds. They asked if I had any experience. If I said yes they asked where i worked and for how long and why I left. Then they say thank you and make you move on. I was interviewed next to 2 other people.