Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

1.7

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Taylor, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Crazy no one knew what they were doing , couldn't get the computer to work. While manager was with me the employees left the customer standing waiting most just walked out of the store. Had managers that had no business being one. I worked in a bank four 6yrs was head teller and vault teller, checking account, CDs, iras, customer service always make them feel that you care and want to help them this bone heads are just to lazy to go check in the back for them!

Negotiation

I really liked mY job but you really have to be a people person, and know your water around retail
    And cash register, you have to be quick but consistent watch the customers because u have tho
    se few that like to pull a fast one on you

If I could I would really love to come back just that I would like to be a manager because 17 and 18 yr olds managers that won't help with cashing out customers and the line is to the back wall and she sat in the office on her cell phone was unreal

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianola, MS

Interview

There was no interview really. The manager simply looked at me, at my application and left without saying anything. I never got a call or notification of any kind.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Laredo, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring process took 3 weeks. First I spoke to a recruiter and then I went on to a 1:1 interview with the Market Manager. A week later I was got a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a certain situation. Asked to resolve the situation in 5 steps.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with Regional Human Resources and District Manager. Series of questions involving character, knowledge, experience and specific examples of performance skills and knowledge. Leadership Assessment testing along with background check and a voluntary drug test if requested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you motivate and develop a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was done by the director of Human resource and the vice president who happen to be in town at the time.Interview questions was base on managerial competencies.How does a manager drive for results,Adaptability.coaching skills,motivating your team.How good is your planning delegating and execution skills.Where you able to meet deadlines,how did you manage your time as a manager and that of your team.Sales and budget controls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a major project to complete and experience difficulties.How did you solve
      the problem and complete the project.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good.
    Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berwick, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Berwick, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with GM, AGM, and 2 Ops Managers. Asked the usual what would you do scenarios and what kind of experiences I had pertinent to the job. I interviewed with a panel, my first time, and was quite nervous, but felt at home quickly

Interview Questions

• We have OT scheduled this weekend, but I (the employee) do not/can not work... What do you do? And (the employee) did not care about the point system as they had perfect attendance up until this point.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview is with DM Second is with Regional Director, Regional Trainer, and Regional HR.

The DM interview was easy, the tricky one was the phone interview with the panel of 3.

Interview Questions

• Basic retail scenario questions for the most part.

Challenging one was- What was listed as an area of needed improvement in your last review?
      Answer Question

Distribution Center Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very laid back. Just explain your work experience and ways you exhibited problem solving skills along with being people oriented. There were several different interviews that were about 45 min each.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

Interview

They are looking for people who can maintain Shrink, know what that means be able to give specific examples. They also want you to be real, don't tell them you will work 100 hours a week, they want to hear you can do it in 45.

Interview Questions

• They asked detailed positions including addresses of old employers, it caught me off guard and I wasn't sure of a few addresses, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed with 2 DM's they then set me up with a round table interview done via phone, there was 4 people on a conference call that interviewed me. Two days later I was called with an offer. The offer was to work 1 hour and 15 mins from home, I negotiated a closer store and they made it happen. Seems to be really willing to work with you. Also I told them I wanted X amount per year they offered me $6,000 more than I asked for.