Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.2

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Put an application in, the next day I heard back from them. Had an interview setup for 2 days later. Showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The manager decided they were not going to show up that day and did not bother to tell their staff or me. Its been a few days and still haven't heard from them or an apology.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Questions

• unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rohnert Park, CA).

Interview

It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?

Interview Questions

• The company does ask for the date of high school graduation.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

You will interview with the recruiter and then you have a second interview with the district manager as well as the regional. if they like you you will get a background check as well as drug testing and once it's submitted you will then get an offer letter over the phone

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with handling multiple employees   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Interview

Haven't taken the group interview at this point, but the phone interview was a piece of cake. I'm taking the group interview today and when I do I'll post how it was. If I had to guess: study the company, get some basic questions answered you know they will ask.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2011.

Interview

Dollar Tree Regional and District managers are so content on hiring below average people because they are scared they will lose their job to someone with more experience and a proven track record.

They are intimidated by new talent that is more experienced and it shows in the stores.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Everett, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Basically told that you have to wear a green shirt and black pants and will only get paid $7.35 an hour and if you leave you should give 2 weeks notice. I was told that everyone leaves because you only get $7.35 an hour and it you want more money, that is the only way to do it. Apparently there are no pay increases ever unless the minimum wage goes up.

PT Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

Very easy, they hired me and all they did was tell me about the company.