Dollar Tree Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

1.4

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Questions

• unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New Castle, DE) in June 2011.

Interview

fill out application print it out bring it in i a week or so got called in for an interview got the job right then

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Pasco, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

I went into the store and met the manager and dropped off my app. Got a call the next day for a interview. Then got offered the job the next day.. interview last about 10 maybe 15 mins. The manager seems really nice so thats a plus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked what I was doing now and just told me about what I would be doing..   Answer Question

Negotiation

None 9.16 a hour

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview

My application was in for about a week before I got a call. I interviewed the next day and found out I got the job the next through a phone call. I was told to come in prepared because I might possibly get on the register. We sat in the office for about 2 hours just talking about the job mostly and whats expected of me. We then took a small tour of the store and back room. I watched a couple of videos and was on the register for the last hour. It was really busy and the person watching over me wasn't much help. They acted as though the job was so easy I should pick it up right away even though I've never worked a register.

Overall it's an extremely easy process. Very short, and no drug test. The managers really only care about availability, nothing else. So don't be nervous going into it, anyones qualified for this job and if you seem like you're at least awake and interested you'll probably get the job.

Negotiation

Ask questions. They go over everything so fast because they think it's so "easy" but the Dollar Tree has a lot of policies and responsibilities that are sometimes unclear.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Raleigh, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Very easy process. Applied online and went in for a very brief interview. Was hired on the spot. New store opening next week.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Denver, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

I was called for an interview two weeks after applying. It wasn't really much of an interview. I was asked about what I was doing with my life and my availability.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Tyler, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

There really was not an interview process. I walked in after seeing a hiring sign on the window and asked to speak with the manager. I gave him my resume and informed him that I was looking for a job. He asked me my schedule availability and once that was okay with him, he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The starting pay rate was non-negotiable.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in December 2012.

Interview

I applied and then was asked immediately to come back for the interview which also turned into just putting in all of my information to start a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about if you have an open schedule and thats about it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was none I was applying so I took it since she asked me if i wanted to start.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

On the spot interview with assistant manager a week after turning in my application. Interview was held in office and was a one-on-one session. Assistant manager then dismissed me and went to speak with store manager. Store manager said he would call me within the next two weeks. Manager talked to me about the duties of a sales associate and walked me around the store.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from management? Have you worked retail before? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eastpointe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Eastpointe, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview by Store manager, Very casual interview, went over my resume. Was asked how many years of experience I have. What places I worked at. If I had transportation. What hours I could work and days.

Interview Questions

• What hours I could work, If I had transportation, What was my job experience on cash handling, customer service. How I handled any unhappy customers. What I would do if I saw another employee stealing.   1 Answer