Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

1.7

Toilet Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Piedras Negras, Coahuila (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Piedras Negras, Coahuila (Mexico)) in April 2013.

Interview

They told me to scrub toilets and there was poop everywhere, so I slipped and fell and waded in poop and urine for three hours before being told I didn't have to do that to myself.

Interview Questions

• Can you clean the shitter?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interview process is simple with basic information given about the job and responsibilities involved. Questions are based on you being able to do the required tasks involved. Response on outcome given immediately upon receipt of background check.

Interview Questions

• The work involves you work shifts and lift cases weighing between 20 - 40 pounds. Are you able to do this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hampton, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy, I saw on the door that they needed a cashier and I went online and applied instantly. I got a call 3 days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very easy, she asked me basic questions such as why should we hire you for this position?

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The manager was a pervert, asked too many personal questions, this job is really not worth it, you bust yourself for less than minimum wage, no protection and no benefits are given to the employer

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Mount Prospect, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was very quick, and I initiated and directed most of the dialogue.. I took it upon myself because the manager that interviewed me was awkwardly quiet, and I guess that helped me because I lead the conversation to highlight my strengths instead of running into something that may have hurt my chances.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an unhappy customer come in and they were upset about previous service.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied in person and got a call a few weeks later. Went in for the interview and the manager asked very simple questions. It lasted about 15 minutes and I was offered the cashier position. Started training the next day.

Interview Questions

• Have you used a cash register before?   1 Answer
    • What is your past work experience?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Very easy. The manager was very nice and asked me simple questions, like if I have ever handled cash before. The decision was made right after the interview, I was asked what my schedule was like and when I could start.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring Hill, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Spring Hill, FL).

Interview

None really . They are desperate for bodies because everyone gets fired. Three write ups and your gone. Expect them to write you up and not train you properly. You only get 10 minutes of training and watch a video that is as old as dinosaurs.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jackson, MI).

Interview

I got my app lotion. I turned in my application. Maybe a week or two later I got a call and scheduled a interview. I had the interview. They didn't call me back. I assumed they didn't want me for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

I came in to the store and the hiring manager introduced himself and then asked me to come into the office and then we talked for about ten minutes or so.