Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2017.

Interview

I would like to know how well your good at being on time how long you will work with others etc and are u able to be here to the job when asked and help when needed and etc and are fourth.

Interview Questions

• how did you here about us and if we're to be asked to be hired on the team would u work to accomplish what your self needs and as well at the job   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Buffalo, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was very nice, the person was pleasing to talk to. Not difficult to be there. I have to write more words to have at least 30 so I am still here.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2017.

Interview

Awesome Experience and very effecient interview process, the interviewing manager was extremely polite and very professional, the interview process was easy and convenient and the questions asked were thorough and precise and the atmosphere was calm and professional

Stocking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lancaster, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Walked in to hand in my application, manager asked when I could start and needed a copy each of two forms of ID. Was given my scheduled start date with no further questions or comments.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Quick; print out application online, fill out, and bring to store...I came with a green shirt and pressed that I was ready to work that day lol Just have a good disposition

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Taylor, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very professional and the questions were easy to answer and very straight forward. The atmosphere was professional and very easy to interview in. I put in an application and got a call for an interview shortly after. I got a job offer the same day as my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lincoln Park, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

You apply online then call the store ask for a follow up on application. Then they will let you speak to general manager then she schedule a interview with you. You go up to the store that day and dress perfesional then you do you interview with general manager.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Smithfield, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application and immediately I turned it in and the manager walked out greeted me and told me that I had the job because they were desperate.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever done stock before?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lighthouse Point, Broward, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lighthouse Point, Broward, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, no tricks, I was hired on the spot. The store manager just asked the same questions that are on the application and then told me to start filling out the hiring app on their computer.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift heavy objects on your own?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2017.

Interview

Very confusing and unprofessional. Interviewed with two different people. Took an evaluation that asked questions that weren't applicable to the position. Background check. I was told to set up a meeting with DM to discuss pay rate. Was treated poorly for even bring up pay. As if it was a bad word. Was given the position and still am unclear on my rate of pay. Company seems shady. I'm more that qualified for the pay that I asked for. Minimum wage in my state is $10.20. I am only asking for $12 for this full time management position. I was due to start at the end of December, as discussed in the interview. I was called and told i start on the 20th of October. I explained that I was still employed elsewhere until Dec. (My current corporate employer filed for bankruptcy and closing all its stores) I was told told the position didn't even open up until then. I also mentioned that i had been given the run around as far as pay. I was told I'd "find out after i started) Company seems shady. Very unprofessional management. I don't think I'll be taking the position. Not recommended.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was going to be able to juggle my kids and the hours they require. Very unprofessional.   1 Answer