Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

FT Assistant Interview

Interview

For management position usually try and hire within. For stocking or cashier: very easy process.. Do you have cashiering experience? Are you flexible? are you ok with 5-20 hour per week?...many times if you put in your app at the right time you can get hired on the spot due to someone leaving and we need to fill the spot asap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Salem, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

3 level interview process with Store Manager, District Manager and Regional Director. I had to submit to a background check and then undergo a 7 week training program in the training store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to overcome a significant challenge and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Seal Beach, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I saw a building being remodeled and a week later it had a open interview sign for Dollar tree. I printed a application online and brought it the day of the interview. There was a small number of potential employees looking for the job, so everyone that applied at the interview got the job. We all started within 3 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Past job experiences, am i willing to move up in a company etc.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?

Interview Questions

• The company does ask for the date of high school graduation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Savannah, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview process was easy because I was an internal promotion. I had been training with the current store manager for some time to be ready for promotion when a store opened in our area. there really was not an interview. other then the basic questions he told me the job description and asked if I was interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you.....   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Submitted application to manager in person, spoke briefly with manager about my availability. Set appointment time to come back in and submit new hire information two days later. Called manager the following day and was given training schedule. Started working one week after applying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Stocker Interview

Interview

They were opening a new store so not much of an interview, they just needed bodies. Was not even Asked any questions. But hired same day and started work the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiatio

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

You will interview with the recruiter and then you have a second interview with the district manager as well as the regional. if they like you you will get a background check as well as drug testing and once it's submitted you will then get an offer letter over the phone

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with handling multiple employees   1 Answer