Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

1.7

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Temple, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with a Regional Trainer very laid back asked questions about the company and where do I see myself within the company. My second interview was a phone interview with the Human Resources the District Manager and the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about shrinks. Tell me about Sales. Tell me about Comparison Report.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got offered $ 40,000 and I accepted

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The store was super busy when I had my interview scheduled and I spent about 15 minutes waiting for store to slow down so the interview could start. It lasted about 15 minutes. All general information about past jobs and possible physical limitations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a job you worked was disorganized and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Marietta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and simple. It was a phone call three days after I sent my application in, and she setup an interview based off my schedule. She pretty much ask did the hours work for me, and if this was something I wanted to do.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process went rarely fast. I applied for one store and got picked up by another store. That kinda sucked, but at least I got in the door quick and the interview process was simple.

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruitment is done by an outside firm that phone interview was pretty good the interview process is by the actual company the associate seem disinterested in disassociated from the interview

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Submitted application to manager in person, spoke briefly with manager about my availability. Set appointment time to come back in and submit new hire information two days later. Called manager the following day and was given training schedule. Started working one week after applying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Joliet, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great I believe he asked a the correct questions.
    The interviewer has a lot of experience in retail and with roller tree however he couldn't pay what I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

N/A

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grants Pass, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Grants Pass, OR).

Interview

I was interviewed and went home and no sooner did I get home, the nice lady who interviewed me called me back and asked if I could come in to work that day. I was very excited and said yes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gibsonton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Gibsonton, FL).

Interview

Minimal . Whent over job roles .didnt ask alot of questions. Was sent for backgront check made it clear i was only 17 i would be 18 by the time i was hired didnt get a call till a month later and i didnt want the job anymor e

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

The interview process was great and smooth. The manager asked me few questions about my previous jobs and my schedule and if I could work in holiday and night shift.

Interview Questions

• I went to the job fair and got hired to a store and the person who hired me told me the store that I got hired into, the store manager will call me within a week so should I be worried about not getting the call?   Answer Question