Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy on the spot interview looking for cashier or stockers for seasonal workers. No experience needed. Explained duties and roles of the job. Expect second interview if meet qualifications. Overall very easy interview.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

Interview

Very easy and I felt very confortable.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Interview

Haven't taken the group interview at this point, but the phone interview was a piece of cake. I'm taking the group interview today and when I do I'll post how it was. If I had to guess: study the company, get some basic questions answered you know they will ask.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2011.

Interview

Dollar Tree Regional and District managers are so content on hiring below average people because they are scared they will lose their job to someone with more experience and a proven track record.

They are intimidated by new talent that is more experienced and it shows in the stores.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Birmingham, AL) in March 2009.

Interview

It was a just a regular interview

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose to work here?   1 Answer
    • Do I think I will be able work here with no problems?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2011.

Interview

it was fast quick easy and fun

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offering my time as much as i can to work as many hours

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Manassas, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. He asked me if i had any previous employment, i said no and he said it was fine because i just got out of high school. He offered the position right there and said that the register would be easy to work.

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2011.

Interview

I filled out a paper application and returned it to the manager. She accepted it and kept it on file. About three months later, she contacted me, saying she wanted an interview. I came in and talked to her for about 30 minutes. She didn't even ask me "generic" interview questions, mainly just questions about my availability and previous jobs. Her flexibility with regards to scheduling was clearly communicated as were her expectations. I was attending school at the time and she was incredibly understanding about my need for limited hours at first. Overall, the hiring and interview process was very positive.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

I brought in my application to the store manager. She then scheduled me for an interview that day and asked me to come back on a certain date or time. It wasn't much of an interview really; she basically asked me my hours of availability, what my plans were for the future, why I wanted to work at Dollar Tree, then gave me the job.