Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

1.7

Stocker Interview

Interview

They were opening a new store so not much of an interview, they just needed bodies. Was not even Asked any questions. But hired same day and started work the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiatio

Anonymous Employee in Milford, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Milford, NH) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application at home and brought it in to my local Dollar Tree I met with the manager who looked over my application as well as my resume I brought with me. She told me the job was seasonal from October to Christmas week, and I was fine with that since I just wanted something to get back into the workforce. I was also told that may change due to turnover. With that, she brought me into her office and I was hired on the spot after she filled out new hire info on her computer. We went over dress codes and such. I was emailed more paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions as I was hired on the spot because I took the time to stay as the manager entered me in as a new hire.   Answer Question

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruitment is done by an outside firm that phone interview was pretty good the interview process is by the actual company the associate seem disinterested in disassociated from the interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bristol, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was quite simple - I was asked what sort of experience I had with handling cash, and was given a few scenarios to which I was suppose to tell them how I would handle the situation. Overall, it was straight forward, and resulted in me getting the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask how long have I manager. How many people did I over see. Do I work well under pressure, Can I work work over time.What did I do on my last job. Letting me know how things work at the company. All the things I will be doing in the company. What time I will be coming in ,what skills I need to have in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Do I think I could do the job, if hire.   1 Answer

It was not for me. It was base on salesman I am not the person that is good going to door to door for sales.

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temple, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Temple, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

My first interview was with a Regional Trainer very laid back asked questions about the company and where do I see myself within the company. My second interview was a phone interview with the Human Resources the District Manager and the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about shrinks. Tell me about Sales. Tell me about Comparison Report.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got offered $ 40,000 and I accepted

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rolla, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The store was super busy when I had my interview scheduled and I spent about 15 minutes waiting for store to slow down so the interview could start. It lasted about 15 minutes. All general information about past jobs and possible physical limitations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a job you worked was disorganized and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Marietta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and simple. It was a phone call three days after I sent my application in, and she setup an interview based off my schedule. She pretty much ask did the hours work for me, and if this was something I wanted to do.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process went rarely fast. I applied for one store and got picked up by another store. That kinda sucked, but at least I got in the door quick and the interview process was simple.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Submitted application to manager in person, spoke briefly with manager about my availability. Set appointment time to come back in and submit new hire information two days later. Called manager the following day and was given training schedule. Started working one week after applying.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None