Dollar Tree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2016.

Interview

I had to turn in two applications before the manager actually saw it. I had to call and go up to the store quite a few times before I got a date for an interview. The interview was pretty simple. I was asked if I knew how to count money, deal with unruly customers, and what would I do if I saw someone stealing something. Then she asked when I could start and for the first week I was a call-in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is yelling and cursing at you about something?   Answer Question
    • If you see another employee taking something without paying for it what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to count money? Have you ever handled a cash register?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on pay for the sales associate position. The hours were extremely flexible as I was a college student and just told her what days and hours I was available. Other people had multiple jobs and my manager also worked around their schedules as well.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

It was a open interview and I went in after I got off work. The interview took maybe 10 or 15 mins with the District Manager. Just asked me to tell her about myself and a little about my work history. Was told by her that before I came in for the open interview that she was just looking at the application that I put online and that she was going to give me a call anyways. But it was a easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it is based off of what sales value that your store does.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

The manager was so nice and hired me on the spot! This was my first time interviewing for a job and I had an amazing experience, all the employees are super welcoming and patient.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I've ever worked before this and what my availability was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the job and pay immediately because I really needed a job.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Quick and easy got hired on the spot. She just looked at my resume and read it. And she asked how's my availability can I work holidays weekends and nights.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Provo, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I walked into the dollar tree in my area, asked if I could turn in an application and the manager said, Oh you showed up at the perfect time. She asked me a few questions and hired me on the spot. She entered some information and told me to fill out the rest at home. I haven't been hired on the spot before, so it was pretty good timing.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

he application was print out so I told it to the store along with my resume. I asked to speak to the hiring manger who came in like two minutes. They looked over my application and asked if I was at least 18- which I was. After that they pretty much just told me about what jobs they were hiring for and asked if I would like those jobs. The process took like 10 minutes tops and I walked out with a job. I actually applied at two stores that day and got both the jobs in pretty much the same fashion. One of the managers said my business casual outfit is what got me the job so quickly.

Interview Questions

• Was I at least 18? Was I good with my hands? What kind of hours was I interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked a few brief questions before being given the job on the spot and being asked to come in the next day, an over all quick and easy interviewing process. I told the manager about some of the under the table jobs I had through the years and I believe that helped me get the job. A good friend of mine worked there for a while as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bowie, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Generally easy standard questions, including a question about how you would tell people about the deal of the week. The Interviewer was acted pretty rude and like she had better things to do other than conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell me about this stapler?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Erie, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I put my application in with a job site. DM called me a couple days later. Met with him on a Wednesday morning he had me call the regional manager on that Friday morning and I was offered the position by Friday afternoon. Both of the managers I talked with were very welcoming and friendly. Positive experience with this interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions, tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bowie, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked a few questions about availability and asked me how I would sale a certain object. The manager seemed nice but was a little spacey and lost my resume two times and I had to fill in a new one. They asked a few too many questions for this level of job but it was an relatively easy interview overall, I turned down the offer because of the pay.