Dollar Tree Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jamaica, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was coming in to interview for the store manager position, but I was informed they had no position available. So I interviewed for the Assistant Store Manager position. Great interview, but the job depicted in the interview isn't the way I imagined the company.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bergenfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bergenfield, NJ).

Interview

easy not to hard basic questions they do training so its not to hard they just want hard workers also workers that have an open schedule is a plus because they need the availability when it comes to being a cashier

Interview Questions

• what would I bring to the company to help it grow?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, about a dozen questions, schedule preference, availability and paperwork. ..all done in 45 minutes time. Just be prepared to get copies of your stuff, since some stores do not invest in a copier. And to be able to type in your own personal information on the computer, so that your in the system.

Interview Questions

• What hours can you work, do you have identification and social security card, and are you in school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a good job only for those coming out of high school and need work force experience, or for those who can use supplemental income, other than that...the job is just not worth it!!!

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The manager was a pervert, asked too many personal questions, this job is really not worth it, you bust yourself for less than minimum wage, no protection and no benefits are given to the employer

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Middletown, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I went to my old district manager and I asked for a chance. He saw potential in me to be better than what I was originally hired at. I love being a leader and being an inspiration to others.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you can bring to this company as a manager?   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carteret, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Carteret, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer goes over a series of questions about your work history and college education. Then they ask you some questions that are of hypothetical situations on the job. Then they tell you they will contact you shortly via email to answer some further questions on a form to submit back to them before yu have your second interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had two co-workers who did not get along?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Good interview. He didn't really ask any questions. Just told me about the company and I got offered the job. Had an interview with the store manager then got a call from the DM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $9 an hour but told them I need to think on it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

very casual and easy interview. I was called into the office to interview with the district manager. It was the typical questions"why do you want to leave your job" why dollar tree etc. He was very nice and promised me the world. I felt extremely comfortable and was very exited to join the company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager are you "describe your management style".   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by the Store Manager in person and then by the District Manager by phone. The store manager asked me more about my previous job responsibilities and the district manager asked me more about my availability for the job and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your previous responsibilities at your last job?   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview went very good. Manager asked questions about experience. He was very open to people who never had a job and will to train them. I got hired on the spot and was able to start my training on the register the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate weekends off.