Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

1.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Good process had to talk about a lot of my previous experiences and what I had done in the past and how I could succeed in this role. Fairly laid back atmosphere and nice people in general. It was a fairly regular interview nothing out of the ordinary, nothing you would not expect

Fulltime Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

interviewed for fulltime, hired as fulltime to start, after starting, told only part time position available Management team unable to manage effectively no training high turnover little inducement for performance to benefit corporation employees or customers bleak outlook for the future for company its employees

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sanford, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very informal and casual, which was fine. Filled out a brief application (pick up in store or print from web site) and return to branch manager. Then you are sent to a regional re district manager for a more in depth interview and if hired, to fill out paperwork the next visit. It was all quite friendly and a positive experience for me.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have in sales or meeting the public.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Interview was very relaxed. I waited a month for my background to come bsck. During the interview we were bothered at least 5 times by people coming in and out of the office, phone ringing etc.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy it wasnt really an interview at all i got hired on the spot. They didnt ask very many questions. It was very straight and to the point. There was maybe 5 basic questions that were asked. And they i got hired.

Interview Questions

• How many hours am i able to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing really

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

This was the easiest. I went in person before Christmas and spoke to the Manager, handed her the application and told her i needed a job that i just moved to the area. She barely asked me questions and hired me on the spot. I went with my mom but she didnt hire my mom because they dont really hire family.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Questions

• If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied by turning in a paper application to the manager. I was contacted by the manager for the interview. At the interview, the manager was friendly and asked me to tell him about myself. Then he offered me the position.

Negotiation

This is what we pay (minimum wage); no room for negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule