Dollar Tree Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 2, 2017

1.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Quick; print out application online, fill out, and bring to store...I came with a green shirt and pressed that I was ready to work that day lol Just have a good disposition

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Very easy. The manager was very nice and asked me simple questions, like if I have ever handled cash before. The decision was made right after the interview, I was asked what my schedule was like and when I could start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jackson, MI).

Interview

I got my app lotion. I turned in my application. Maybe a week or two later I got a call and scheduled a interview. I had the interview. They didn't call me back. I assumed they didn't want me for the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Murfreesboro, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was kind of a a-hole.but over all it was easy and I got the job.I never went in because the pay was way too low for the amount of pay they were trying to give.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Olympia, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to bring in my resume and an application. And then I waited a couple days to a couple weeks before getting a call. I almost didn't get the job because they thought I was faking my age

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2016.

Interview

I showed up at the time the manager told me, then had to wait 30 minutes to be interviewed. That's understandable, as the District Manager had visited unexpectedly. The manager who called me ended up checking customers out while the DM interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dissatisfied customer?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer
    • Are you more of a follower or do you take initiative?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2016.

Interview

I had to turn in two applications before the manager actually saw it. I had to call and go up to the store quite a few times before I got a date for an interview. The interview was pretty simple. I was asked if I knew how to count money, deal with unruly customers, and what would I do if I saw someone stealing something. Then she asked when I could start and for the first week I was a call-in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer is yelling and cursing at you about something?   Answer Question
    • If you see another employee taking something without paying for it what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you know how to count money? Have you ever handled a cash register?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on pay for the sales associate position. The hours were extremely flexible as I was a college student and just told her what days and hours I was available. Other people had multiple jobs and my manager also worked around their schedules as well.

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Hollywood, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very good interview. I felt very relaxed and comfortable. My interviewer made me feel very welcome. Some interviews are very mundane and boring. We chatted and she made me very relaxed. Being this was my first interview, i thought i did a very good job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bowie, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

They asked a few questions about availability and asked me how I would sale a certain object. The manager seemed nice but was a little spacey and lost my resume two times and I had to fill in a new one. They asked a few too many questions for this level of job but it was an relatively easy interview overall, I turned down the offer because of the pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2015.

Interview

i got there early and met with the store manager. They asked me a few questions and then told me about the job and what to except during the holidays

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work here. The interview was very easy. the manger was professional   Answer Question