Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted application, received a call to schedule in person interview, interview with dm. General describe this situation and how did you react if...typical situations interview. Received follow up interviews with regional,hr,training manager.similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation you dealt with.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask how long have I manager. How many people did I over see. Do I work well under pressure, Can I work work over time.What did I do on my last job. Letting me know how things work at the company. All the things I will be doing in the company. What time I will be coming in ,what skills I need to have in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Do I think I could do the job, if hire.   1 Answer

It was not for me. It was base on salesman I am not the person that is good going to door to door for sales.

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Schenectady, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very easy! District Manager was very easy to talk to and very personable. He asked some basic questions but also probed off of them so I was impressed with this technique as I use it myself when doing interviews.

Interview Questions

• How I handled certain situations where I either had to improvise and change plans or how I could maximize and boost sales   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations! I was offered more than I expected.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

It was a open interview and I went in after I got off work. The interview took maybe 10 or 15 mins with the District Manager. Just asked me to tell her about myself and a little about my work history. Was told by her that before I came in for the open interview that she was just looking at the application that I put online and that she was going to give me a call anyways. But it was a easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it is based off of what sales value that your store does.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Erie, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I put my application in with a job site. DM called me a couple days later. Met with him on a Wednesday morning he had me call the regional manager on that Friday morning and I was offered the position by Friday afternoon. Both of the managers I talked with were very welcoming and friendly. Positive experience with this interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions, tell me about a time when.....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jamaica, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was coming in to interview for the store manager position, but I was informed they had no position available. So I interviewed for the Assistant Store Manager position. Great interview, but the job depicted in the interview isn't the way I imagined the company.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who briefly interviewed me on the phone. She invited me to submit an application and take a test that was meant to measure not only integrity, but also basic managerial competencies. Once the test was passed, I interviewed the next week with the DM, who hired me on the spot. Salary was offered and negotiated up within an hour of the interview.

Interview Questions

• When assigning a task, what would you do as a manager?
      a)assign the task to the most talented worker, who you know will do it perfectly
      b)direct the whole team to focus on getting it done and let experienced ones figure out how best to do it
      c)delegate the task to an individual and follow up in person
      d)give the task to a manager or complete yourself
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Within an hour of the interview, the recruiter contacted me and gave me the DM's salary offer. She asked if the number was acceptable, even though they both knew it was much higher than the position I was holding elsewhere. I told the recruiter I was hoping for more. She contacted the DM's boss and contacted me shortly thereafter with the number I desired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Milton, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for FT store manager; however, that isn't what they were interviewing me for. This pay was significantly less than I expected. The comment by the interviewer made to me suggested I had too high of salary expectations. Obviously, yes, if I was applying for Mgr - any other position would be considerably less. I wasted 30 minutes just to find out I wasn't interviewing for position I applied for. Not good business and a bit deceitful.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach an employee that appeared to be working sloppy?   1 Answer

I applied specifically for store manager and it wasn't til the end of the interview that I was informed they were only considering me for freight manager or part-time asst Mgr. They said $15 an hour was too high. They didn't make me a counter-offer so that leads me to believe it was significantly less (as in minimum wage).

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Merrillville, IN).

Interview

The interview process was simple giving I have 10+yrs in management, basically problem solving, customer service skill , how to deligate, how to choose who to give certain jobs in the store too...... m..... .... ..... ..... m..... .....m.....m..m.m.m m. M. M. M .m .n m

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very simple and professional. I was asked a series of question about my previous jobs and where do I see myself in the future. It was a very short interview and was mainly about the way they run their company.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate.   1 Answer