Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.4

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with Regional Human Resources and District Manager. Series of questions involving character, knowledge, experience and specific examples of performance skills and knowledge. Leadership Assessment testing along with background check and a voluntary drug test if requested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you motivate and develop a team?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was done by the director of Human resource and the vice president who happen to be in town at the time.Interview questions was base on managerial competencies.How does a manager drive for results,Adaptability.coaching skills,motivating your team.How good is your planning delegating and execution skills.Where you able to meet deadlines,how did you manage your time as a manager and that of your team.Sales and budget controls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a major project to complete and experience difficulties.How did you solve
      the problem and complete the project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good.
    Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview is with DM Second is with Regional Director, Regional Trainer, and Regional HR.

The DM interview was easy, the tricky one was the phone interview with the panel of 3.

Interview Questions

• Basic retail scenario questions for the most part.

Challenging one was- What was listed as an area of needed improvement in your last review?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Laredo, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

I applied online. Was called for an interview. I was interviewed by the dm. Then by the rm. I was offered the job two days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes i was able to negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

40 questions that somewhat pertained to position. Hiring process was ridiculously long. Most questions were not pertaining to position. Others were just laughable. At the end of the interview I was questioning my judgement.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not I had transportation to work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Springfield, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

For being hired as a Store Manager, you interview with the District Manager and if you are considered for the position, then you will be part of a round table interview by phone with the Regional Manager, HR, and Regional Training Manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

very casual and easy interview. I was called into the office to interview with the district manager. It was the typical questions"why do you want to leave your job" why dollar tree etc. He was very nice and promised me the world. I felt extremely comfortable and was very exited to join the company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager are you "describe your management style".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask how long have I manager. How many people did I over see. Do I work well under pressure, Can I work work over time.What did I do on my last job. Letting me know how things work at the company. All the things I will be doing in the company. What time I will be coming in ,what skills I need to have in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Do I think I could do the job, if hire.   1 Answer

It was not for me. It was base on salesman I am not the person that is good going to door to door for sales.

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jamaica, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was coming in to interview for the store manager position, but I was informed they had no position available. So I interviewed for the Assistant Store Manager position. Great interview, but the job depicted in the interview isn't the way I imagined the company.