Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

After waiting several weeks to receive a call back after submitting my resume, the interview process turned fast and furious. I received a call from the district manager who scheduled an interview two days later. This was a 30 minute interview, very conversational to cover my experience. Within the next 10 days, I had interviews with an HR rep, training manager and regional. All very basic behavior/competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non- this is our salary

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Salem, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

3 level interview process with Store Manager, District Manager and Regional Director. I had to submit to a background check and then undergo a 7 week training program in the training store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to overcome a significant challenge and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Savannah, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

the interview process was easy because I was an internal promotion. I had been training with the current store manager for some time to be ready for promotion when a store opened in our area. there really was not an interview. other then the basic questions he told me the job description and asked if I was interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you.....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

You will interview with the recruiter and then you have a second interview with the district manager as well as the regional. if they like you you will get a background check as well as drug testing and once it's submitted you will then get an offer letter over the phone

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with handling multiple employees   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

They gave me two over the phone calls and a panel interview with the Hiring Manager and about four others for the new stores they were opening up. They made me feel welcomed and the interview went really well. I would recommend practice on your basic previous job description and how you would improve their company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, they just wanted to know about my previous job description and how would I manage their store.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Interview

The initial phone interview was with another store manager. The second was with the district manager. Average situation questions. The third was with human resources and is where we discussed salary.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked. Was standard situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate my salary as their first offer was low.

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Exton, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

Quite simple, I applied, spoke to the District Manager. And then was hired a day later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Interview

Through corporate recruiter. Telephone interview with a regional HR manager. Handed off to district manager who took three weeks to make an initial contact. Went to work as a bench manager (Management Trainee) shadowing another store manager for eight weeks. Very basic stuff that could have been covered in a month or less considering my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, more or less. I was hired at a higher than normal salary level based on my qualifications though.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

Negotiation

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Incredibly informal interview process with someone who was preparing for inventory. Wasn't as professional as I'd anticipated, based on my previous experience. I met with a gentleman who was wearing jeans and was less than polished. I was also surprised by the informality of the interview questions themselves.