Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a twenty minute interview with the district manager in one of his stores. we went over my past experiences and future goals. the next interview was phone interview with the regional director that stressed behavorial type questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Interview

Competency based interview with Regional Human Resources and District Manager. Series of questions involving character, knowledge, experience and specific examples of performance skills and knowledge. Leadership Assessment testing along with background check and a voluntary drug test if requested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you motivate and develop a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Schenectady, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was very easy! District Manager was very easy to talk to and very personable. He asked some basic questions but also probed off of them so I was impressed with this technique as I use it myself when doing interviews.

Interview Questions

• How I handled certain situations where I either had to improvise and change plans or how I could maximize and boost sales   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations! I was offered more than I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted application, received a call to schedule in person interview, interview with dm. General describe this situation and how did you react if...typical situations interview. Received follow up interviews with regional,hr,training manager.similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation you dealt with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Springfield, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

For being hired as a Store Manager, you interview with the District Manager and if you are considered for the position, then you will be part of a round table interview by phone with the Regional Manager, HR, and Regional Training Manager.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

very casual and easy interview. I was called into the office to interview with the district manager. It was the typical questions"why do you want to leave your job" why dollar tree etc. He was very nice and promised me the world. I felt extremely comfortable and was very exited to join the company.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager are you "describe your management style".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bronx, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

You will interview with the recruiter and then you have a second interview with the district manager as well as the regional. if they like you you will get a background check as well as drug testing and once it's submitted you will then get an offer letter over the phone

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with handling multiple employees   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Ask how long have I manager. How many people did I over see. Do I work well under pressure, Can I work work over time.What did I do on my last job. Letting me know how things work at the company. All the things I will be doing in the company. What time I will be coming in ,what skills I need to have in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• Do I think I could do the job, if hire.   1 Answer

It was not for me. It was base on salesman I am not the person that is good going to door to door for sales.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

It was a open interview and I went in after I got off work. The interview took maybe 10 or 15 mins with the District Manager. Just asked me to tell her about myself and a little about my work history. Was told by her that before I came in for the open interview that she was just looking at the application that I put online and that she was going to give me a call anyways. But it was a easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it is based off of what sales value that your store does.

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jamaica, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was coming in to interview for the store manager position, but I was informed they had no position available. So I interviewed for the Assistant Store Manager position. Great interview, but the job depicted in the interview isn't the way I imagined the company.