Dollarama Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dollarama Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Dollarama

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollarama.

Interview

I met the Manager at the cash registers. She looked over my resume. Told me that I needed to bring a check for payroll. The next day I met with the assistant manager, she was surprised. She called the Manager, and I then signed some paperwork for procedures and policies. I was given hours the next week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollarama

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollarama (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got asked simple questions, got handed some papers to fill in and was hired the next week. No pressure and the manager was super nice and understanding. For anyone looking to start working part-time, first job for students, go for it. Great experience.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollarama (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and asked me standard interview questions about my availability, and level of previous experience. He was very polite. At the time, he didn't select me because I was a full time student, and had not had any work experience prior.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollarama (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

I sat down with 2 managers & an assistant manager. Asked me a few questions mostly about availability and previous employment. They made me feel very relaxed but were also quite professional. The interview itself took about 20 mins. After making sure I fit the availability they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollarama (Brampton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

My friend had informed me of her workplace, Dollarama, was hiring for the Christmas and Halloween season. So the next day when I had went there to meet with the manager, I told her my availability and I was hired right on the spot. There was no formal interviewed at all. It was very quick and easy and I started to work within that same week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollarama (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

The manager was frazzled as she had forgotten she had me in for an interview at that time. I waited by the staff only entrance for her for 10 minutes, she finally came and greeted me told me to follow her into her office a small corner. She then asked me why Dollarama? I told her why not it's a fun place to shop. She then asked why I moved to that city? I said for a better life. She asked me what my salary expectations are I told her whatever the pay rate for there is. She asked about me being able to lift and carry heavy objects I told her I could but am limited mobility, she made a note. During the interview there were other staff members who rudely came in to ask questions and cut us off without apology. I didn't get the job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollarama (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

They asked about experience, as a cashier, and any previous work experience.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollarama in August 2009.

Interview

Submitted a resume to the manager, received a call back a week later, was asked to come in for an interview.

The interview was very straight forward and simple. A few behavioural questions such as what would I do in a situation where a customer is yelling, and some questions of my availability.

I was told after the interview that I would be contacted. I recieved a call the next day that I was hired and asked to come in a day that week to start.

Interview Questions

• Everthing was straight forward, no curve balls for this interview. But this interview took place a few years ago   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasnt a negotiation phase, it was a minimum wage job and it was made clear from the beginning