Dominion Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2016

2.8

Components Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surry, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Surry, VA).

Interview

Applied through their website where HR filters the applicant list down to a manageable number and then sends the list to the respective locations for local management to select. Interview was done over the phone with a panel of two engineers. They asked mainly behavioral questions as well as a little about your resume. Nothing out of the ordinary and very standard procedure.
    Hint- they look for well rounded individuals. Not just someone who can load their resume with technical stuff. They get plenty of that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to exhibit a safety conscious attitude.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Cleveland, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call for interview about 5-6 weeks after I submitted the application. The first interview was with three persons through video conference and I were asked in 5-6 categories of questions such as planning, strategies, safety, behaviors, etc. Each question I had to provide situation, example, how I solved it and what the outcomes were. It was around 1-1.5 hours long. Two days later I got another call for face to face interview and site visits. During the visit they showed me their facilities and work plan and asked me my opinions and my strategies specifically for this role and how I would proceed with those projects.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a new project that you have no experience or knowledge of?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with multitasking?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA).

Interview

HR pushes the interview process to consist of panel format with mostly behavioral questions. Interview lasted around 1 to 1.5 hours. After panel portion, met with the hiring manager and the director.

Interview Questions

• There was a quick question round where you are asked rapid fire questions.   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back from recruiter about 4 weeks later. Interview process was panel interview, and very relaxed for a panel interview. Overall good experience.

The interview lasted about an hour and a half. I had the opportunity to ask questions, and felt comfortable doing so. The panel was gracious in allowing me enough time to answer all questions.

I left feeling positive about the potential to work with the team. I expect the job to be a challenge, but working with a good team is essential to an overall positive experience. Keep this in mind when you meet with a panel.

Be prepared, do your homework on the company. This will provide peace of mind once the interview starts.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a "difficult" client you deal with in your current role and how you are able to work with them to accomplish the task.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I never originally asked about salary because it was the job I wanted to do as part of career development. I was surprised to be offered more than expected. The benefits are amazing, almost unheard of benefits.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

Interview was conducted panel style with 5 individuals. It was more of a casual conversation about who I was and what I do. No questions were terribly difficult. They were more concerned with cultural fit than expertise.

Gas Transportation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Called for interview 2 weeks after applying. Decision made within later of 3 weeks after interview. Panel interview with many questions. Not given any info or background before interview. I expected a behavorial interview, it kind of was. But mostly hard questions to see how you handle management and other employees.

Plant Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Waterford, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR recruiter probably 2-3 weeks after applying online. Normally, the position would require me to take the POSS test, but I had already taken it with another company. They were great about getting the test results so I didn't have to test again. Within a week, I had an interview scheduled on-site. Travel expenses were fully reimbursed.

The interview itself was fairly routine. It was me and two supervisors who had both started in the same position I was interviewing for. They were both helpful in the interview and asked questions in very simple terms. They also were very enthusiastic about the company and the position in particular. In all, the interview probably lasted around 45 minutes. They gave me a period at the end to ask questions which probably lasted 10-15 minutes. Before I left, they told me that the recruiter would let me know either way within 2-3 weeks.

I heard back after 2 weeks, well within the time they mentioned. They did extend me a contingent offer for the position, assuming I pass my background check and drug screen. I accepted because of the good benefits and above average base salary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you made a good decision.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Waterford, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted about 15 min. The interviewer was friendly and straight to the point. He asked around 10-15 questions. He opened the interview to ask about my background, then briefly discussed him. There was only one person interviewing and it was over phone. He concluded saying that he could not provide his email, unless it was processed through Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, what can you bring to the team, would you take time to finish a project, or rush to get it done in time?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and submitted resume through online portal. Navigating the page was difficult. They keep a separate student hiring portal from other pro hirings, and they are not easily distinguishable. Other than that, all was well. Had a panel at the interview on the phone and struggled to remember their names. Did not hear back for a month until hearing rejection. I would say the interview was kind of slow in the sense that they moved my application through the process very slowly.

Training Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Waterford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

The process is too mechanical and not effective. The use of Behavioral style questions are only effective when the interviewer is actually engaging in what you are saying. They spent more time taking notes, not listening, therefore missing the clear STAR response. It was obvious that they had no desire to be there and spent to much time asking questions that had no relationship to the job description.

Interview Questions

• STAR Behavioral questions based on initiatives.   1 Answer