Dominion Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.1

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

Applied online, then was contacted about doing a phone interview. The interview lasted a little more than 30 minutes and asked questions about the classes I have taken and life experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a teammate/classmate.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dominion Resources in January 2017.

Interview

It was a panel interview with several Dominion representatives at the table. It was a very relaxed environment and they took turns asking various behavioral style questions. Everyone on the panel took notes as I responded to the questions.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an "unhappy" supervisor?   1 Answer

Electric Safety and Performance Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Chester, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called by an HR associate to set up the interview time. I went to one of Dominion's training facility in Chester for a panel interview with the safety director, field safety manager, safety compliance manager, and an operations manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my largest contribution to UPS Freight.   1 Answer
    • They asked about my availability to work on-call, with little or no lead time during emergencies, and travel overnight.   1 Answer
    • They asked how I handled imbalances in the workload.   1 Answer

Gas Transportation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Called for interview 2 weeks after applying. Decision made within later of 3 weeks after interview. Panel interview with many questions. Not given any info or background before interview. I expected a behavorial interview, it kind of was. But mostly hard questions to see how you handle management and other employees.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and submitted resume through online portal. Navigating the page was difficult. They keep a separate student hiring portal from other pro hirings, and they are not easily distinguishable. Other than that, all was well. Had a panel at the interview on the phone and struggled to remember their names. Did not hear back for a month until hearing rejection. I would say the interview was kind of slow in the sense that they moved my application through the process very slowly.

Training Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Waterford, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

The process is too mechanical and not effective. The use of Behavioral style questions are only effective when the interviewer is actually engaging in what you are saying. They spent more time taking notes, not listening, therefore missing the clear STAR response. It was obvious that they had no desire to be there and spent to much time asking questions that had no relationship to the job description.

Interview Questions

• STAR Behavioral questions based on initiatives.   1 Answer

Gas Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Akron, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Relaxing environment. Panel interview with three interviewers. They took the time to explain how the process would work before starting the interview. Each interviewer asked 3 or 4 questions, then allowed time for me to ask whatever questions I had. Interview questions weren't overly complicated, just basic STAR behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to be responsible for and make decisions for a group such as a team or co workers.   Answer Question

Enterprise Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Phone Interview- Basic questions. Phone interview was tough because you cant see the person on the other side. The interview seemed to go well but got a call back that they had decided not to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better alone or in a group?   1 Answer

Staffing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic questions. Scheduled me at the last minute (less than 24 hours notice without even verifying if that was a good time for me). I thought I did well, but I got a call from my recruiter less than an hour later saying they "chose another qualified candidate".
    I asked her if she had any concerns about my qualifications during the interview so I would still be in the running and she said no. Waste of my time. The interviewer hung up on me without saying bye.

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

We were originally told that we were simply attending a one on one "information session." When I walked in I found five dominion corporate finance employees sitting there ready to conduct an interview. The interview was comfortable and mostly we talked about behavioral-type questions. They also asked what I knew about Dominion. Overall the interview process was good, but I would recommend doing a lot of research on the company. They are very proud of their corporate culture, and you should touch on that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dominion and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question