Dominion Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.9

Senior Environmental Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Oakmont, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very formal interview process consisting of a panel of 3 people asking generic, canned interview questions that are irrelevant of a candidates skill set. No open dialogue or opportunity to discuss past experience or abilities that translate into an individual's capabilities, but rather, a one hour bombardment of "what would you do in this scenario" style questions. Staff was unprofessional, did not offer business cards, failed to provide necessary details prior to the interview (the location doesn't match the mailing address and the facility has multiple entrances). After interview, I was awkwardly asked to, on the spot, draft a handwritten response letter to an agency for an imaginary environmental reporting scenario.

All 3 of my thank you letters were returned could not locate sender - as no one seemed to have business cards on hand, I sent the letters to the (inaccurate) interview location address that was provided.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to report NPDES results in exceedance of permit limits?   Answer Question

Customer Project Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Norfolk, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a very easy initial phone screening, which then lead to a very intimidating panel type interview. There were 3 staff members with differant names than that were confirmed in my interview confirmation email. That went around the room and asked a series of questions, there was little eye contact and continuous writing. Like they were copying down everythign I said, seriously why not just record it. I felt very strong walking into the situtation but after the first 5 minutes it felt more like and interigation and was a complete disaster, after about 10 questions I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Instead I was taken to another conferance room to wait to aprox 20 minutes then met with 2 additional managers. This interview had a completely differant feel, it was relaxed and comfortable we were able to have a conversation and really communicate with one another.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks and what tools do you use?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

First got a brief phone interview. And then was brought it for an in person interview after that. Was asked a set of behavorial interview questions. Then had more informal questions about my resume and past experiences. Whole process took about an hour. They contacted me the next week extending an offer

Gas Transportation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Called for interview 2 weeks after applying. Decision made within later of 3 weeks after interview. Panel interview with many questions. Not given any info or background before interview. I expected a behavorial interview, it kind of was. But mostly hard questions to see how you handle management and other employees.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

I got a call on a Friday from HR asking me to come in for an interview that next Wednesday, so I didn't have much time to prepare. I spent the whole weekend studying questions and material so I would feel confident. The interview process was somewhat intimidating and tough, but the panel of interviewers seemed very nice overall. I interviewed in December and never heard anything back, so that is a little frustrating because I put in a lot of effort preparing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a personal experience you have had dealing with finances and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

The entire process took about 6 months. I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume in their data base then pre-screened on the phone with technical questions regarding the position. 3 Weeks after the pre-screen I was contacted and told I'd been selected for an interview, and that all expenses would be reimbursed after the interview. The interview was schedule for about a month later. The interview consisted of behavioral questions (expected) and additional technical questions (unexpected) so be prepared for both.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Systems Protection Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewing Panel of 6 Experts: Human Resources, Group Manager, Lab Supervisor, Generation Supervisor, Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Supervisor, and System Compliance Supervisor. Review your basic theories Computers/Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical. Degree base position, be prepared to step-up! Very relaxed, big on coffee, and socializing work hard/play hard. Speak with conviction.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any SAP Certifications | Training & Education experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You made it through the storm of thousands of applicants "Go With Your Gut" if they called you that means they really needed you and have gone too far in the selection process phase to start over.

Reactor Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Waterford, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

My experince consists of a Master degree in radiological science, senior reactor operators license and five years in a commercial nuclear power plant experience. I worked at the research reactor for seven years and as a nonlicensed plant equipment operator for five years.

I started with Domion in 2007 and have recently been promoted to obtain a reactor operators license. The license candidates were chosen by both an interview and a written exam. I performed well on both an have been made an offer.

While my background make me a Direct Senior Reactor operator candidate I choose to become a reactor operator because of the learning curve associated with being an SRO. Work control/ tagging is a tremndous responsibility and I have decided to get my RO license then work on work control skills. Seeing the mistakes made by some Direct SRO's has cause me to question their ability, and demonstrates the importance of knowing your plant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations in progress. This field demands that we perfom above average, so compensation should be equivalent.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dominion Resources in July 2008.

Interview

First a phone interview with HR rep. asking about basic purchasing experience, then a LONG face to face panel interview (over 3 hours) getting into detail about specific procurement techniques and experiences plus a written test! Then a 1:1 interview with a manager which was pretty basic.

After 3 weeks, a tentative offer was made... then I had to pass a drug test and background check. For the background check, they verified every detail of my resume. This took two weeks before I was given a firm, final offer.

Interview Questions

• Define indemnification, liquidated damages, and other legal terms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They paid relocation which is AWESOME... greatest relo package ever. But, they wouldn't budge on salary. As a big company, be prepared with your negotiation wants and be prepared for them to say no.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone call followed up with 1hr interview. Discussed knowledge of financial statements, current events and hypothetical situations. Beautiful location, nice people & challenging interview.