Dominion Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dominion Resources Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

I applied through Dominion's career website. I was contact for an initial phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes with an HR person. I was then offered a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you missed a deadline and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Safety Specialist Interview

Interview

phone and face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

beautiful

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

Very laid back and friendly. They focus on the person great starting offer even give you sign up bonus. They ask a lot of real world question. See how you think on your feet

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

I had applied in early September and October, got a call in december about setting up an onsite interview in january. The interview was supposed to be 45 minutes long, but turned out to only be about 30 with a it consisting mainly of behavioral questions. Got a call a few weeks later that i got the job.

GIS Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

Drove an hour for a one-question interview with a panel of three people. One didn't even bother to make eye contact with me at any point, including when I shook his hand. Unlike any other interview I've been on. Seemed unprepared to answer my questions about the company and said things that were directly opposite what the recruiter had told me. The process was very weird.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was that they asked me one question.   Answer Question

Design Draftsman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Glen Allen, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

The entire process takes a very long time with lengthy background checks and interviews. The management was courtous and proffesional and honest.

Interview Questions

• the interview was mostly small talk and getting to know each other. It was the best interview i think ive ever had. But I was ready for the hard questions!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Here is what we pay, do you want it? Yes, your hired. No, have a nice day.

Staffing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Richmond, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic questions. Scheduled me at the last minute (less than 24 hours notice without even verifying if that was a good time for me). I thought I did well, but I got a call from my recruiter less than an hour later saying they "chose another qualified candidate".
    I asked her if she had any concerns about my qualifications during the interview so I would still be in the running and she said no. Waste of my time. The interviewer hung up on me without saying bye.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on my university career board and Dominion called me 2 months later asking me to do a phone interview. The phone interview was very easy; they asked me couple questions based on previous experience. After the phone interview, I was contacted a couple days later getting offered the position. Didn't have an in-person interview because I was located far away from them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. I was just very happy to get a job with a big company and to get experience relative to my major.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Site (Ghana)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dominion Resources (Site (Ghana)) in January 2012.

Interview

An architect provides a couple brief questions about the technical area you will be working, if they are bringing you in as a contractor. When converting to an employee, there may not even be an interview. If there is, it is informal and between you and people you already know.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to keep settings in the web.config file.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview

Interview was conducted panel style with 5 individuals. It was more of a casual conversation about who I was and what I do. No questions were terribly difficult. They were more concerned with cultural fit than expertise.