Donovan Data Systems Technical Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donovan Data Systems (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Sadly the interview process is in the "Quiz Show" format which I felt was rather shallow and superficial in measuring any candidate's skills. Interviewer had a sheet with questions and responses, and was listening for the correct keywords rather than the explanation of basic Java questions. If you didn't say the right words, the interviewer would fish for a more descriptive answer until you stumbled on them.

No discussion about my technical background, expertise, or experience. Interviewer didn't seem to be able to keep up his end of a technical discussion, so it felt more like an interrogation rather than a two way interview process.

If you're hell bent on passing a Donovan Data Systems interview, memorize the keywords of very basic Java and OOP terminology, and recite those keywords, do not describe what they do or go on a lecture, the interview will go south very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is encapsulation?   1 Answer
  • What are the two types of Java exceptions?   1 Answer
  • What is the difference between HashMap and Hashtable?   1 Answer