Dots Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dots Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dots (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

None. They needed someone to work and I was available. When I applied they asked me if I had worked in retail before and I said yes. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Are you still available to work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Dots

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dots (Lansing, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews with two different store managers. Both managers were very friendly. They gave me the company's history. Along with how long they have been with the company. I answered their questions then put together a sample outfit.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dots (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I happened to be shopping in the store when I asked if dots was hiring. The store manager immediately said yes and then asked me if i had and retail sales experience I said yes and she handed me a paper application right away. I filled out the app right in front of her it took me about 10 minutes. She took out her scheduling book and scheduled me an interview the following friday. When I got there I wore something fashion forward (a red high-waist pencil skirt with a vertical black and white striped blouse tucked in and black velvet wedged pumps). I didn't know it would be a group interview but it was. After the interview we were asked to sign a background check. I asked if there would be a drug test and the interviewer said no. A week and a half later on a sunday I got a call and the store manager offered me the job. I was asked to come in the following tuesday to do paper work and to provide my ss card and ID.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave an occasion for which we were to go out on the sales floor and create an outfit. Her occasion: A date night at the movies with her fiance where she wanted to look really nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got what I asked for

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dots (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be a group interview comprised of three or four people, but two of them never showed up. The store manager asked a few questions in what way our work history would help us achieve our goals as a company. After a few more regular questions. SHe then began to tell us our roles in Dots and what would be our dat to day goals. She blunt when saying the harder you work the more hours you'll get! When she was done giving us a run down, she gave us a skit where she was a customer and she needed to find a outfit in the next five minutes to go out in. She wanted shoes, accessories, everything. After that part of the interview she tol me and the girl that we would be contacted by another store manager for more details.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for a retail store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Will they are closing down which so unfortaunate because they are one of the best clothing stores out there. I hope one day someone could bring them back to there prime. My advice dont get too comfortable!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dots.

Interview

Turned in app in store, l got a call back less than a week later, and went in for interview. It was a group interview with 2 other people and store manager was interviewing us. Very easy expected questions, why do you want to work here, your strength and weaknesses, so forth. Then the manager took us out to the sales floor and asked us to put together an outfit for a specific event and show them to her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the interview i got a call about a week later after my background check cleared offering me the job. All associates start at minimum wage so there's not much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dots (Alexandria, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Had four interviews one phone with DM and three in person with DM, store and assistant manager. It took them four months to eventually hire me and get me in the system.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your fashion and how you stay updated with the fashion world.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No they were set with an amount.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dots (Louisville, KY) in June 2012.

Interview

Walked in get application and I spoke to store manager. She told me that I had to print one out from home and bring it in ASAP and we could set up an interview. So I rushed home to and brought back the application within the hour. She said that she'd call after looking it over. After waiting a week, I decided to call. She said she was just about to call and we set up and interview time with an assistant manager. During that interview the assistant seemed very unfocused, not sure, and very much in organized. After a series of questions she had me dress a mannequin after she told me that she had asked me the wrong series of questions and we started the interview over. She also said that i was dressed "cute" ( I was wearing khakis and a polo) but I HAD to dress like a "diva" for the next interview. After about 2 hours of being interviewed they said they would call. After waiting about a week, I called to try to set up a second interview. Again the store manager told me that she was about to call me and we set up a time. I had to wait for two more weeks for that interview. During this interview I had to assist customers and had to answer the first series of questions that the assistant asked me. This interview was about 1 1/2 hours long. I was then told she'd set up a phone interview with the DM, and that she'd call me and tell me what time it would be. The next day I was contacted by the DM and she conducted a very brief interview over the phone. She said that they were going to check my references and do a background check ad call me the following week. So I waited. And about a week and a half later I called. I was then told that they couldn't complete it because they didn't have my social. I wasn't happy that they never called me and I had already been waiting a while and was never called. So I waited another week. Called. Well I had to fill out another background check form. Waited another week. As of Friday was told that she'd call me right back to set up a time for me to come in. Never heard back. I do not like that I'm getting the run around. This is the longest hiring process I ever has been through.

Interview Questions

• How do you follow fashion?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dots (Staten Island, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was with Assistant Store Manager. She was friendly, informative, and casual. I was told the sales associate position was only part-time with a limited number of hours but I was happy to hear that it would pick up as the holidays rolled around.

Interview Questions

• I was told that the clientele was on the "ghetto" side and then asked, how would I deal with a difficulty customer? It was difficult to answer since I had never experienced "ghetto" customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dots (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied in the store with the store manager. I recieved a phone call two days later to come in for a one on one interview. I went in for that interview and then was invited to a group interview (this is the last step in the interview process) the group interview was with the DM. After passing that interview I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• The DM will give you a scenario and you are to pick an outfit out for the scenario. She will judge you based on your choices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dots (San Antonio, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I basically just walked into the store and asked a girl if they were hiring. Lucky me she was the store manager. She liked me and told me to come in the next day for an interview. Right after the interview she told me that I was hired. A few days later i went into to fill out my paperwork. I was on the schedule the next day.