Double Negative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.2

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Double Negative (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I lived in LA at the time (December 2009). It was a 10 minute phone call. On the line were a supervising compositor and HR. It was a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to move to London?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Dneg has its own salary brackets and it is very difficult to negotiate up out of them. However, I was able to get an extra 3%.

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Double Negative (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three days later I got the mail for a phone interview. Setting up the interview date and time was quite straight forward. The call itself was very easy going and overall a great talk. There were two people. One of them did the main talking and the other was part of the department mostly listening. We discussed my reel and experience. Then they told me a bit about the current and upcoming projects and a bit about the general structure of the company. Overall I had a good feeling and it seemed they liked my reel and the experience/knowledge I have. I was told to hear from them after a week but nothing happened. I got another job but was curious, so after two months I asked if there were any updates and was told that they would look into it. Didn't have anyone get back to me since then.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project/shot you worked on and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer creating setups or rather shot based?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VEX?   1 Answer
    • When could you start and what is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Roto Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Double Negative (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

They sat with me in a small room with a laptop or ipad, and went through my reel shot by shot. Made comments on how to improve it. f

Interview Questions

• They asked what particular techniques I used for my compositing shot, keying approach and color correction methodology. Also what I'd expect.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Double Negative (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Approximately 30 Graduates were invited to London for an assessment day. In the morning everybody had to present his showreel with short Q&A (each 10 minutes). After lunch (provided by DNeg) there was a round of speedinterviews in the afternoon. There were 6 interviewers and everyone asked questions for four minutes. Then you had to continue with the next interviewer.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Double Negative (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, Double Negative didn't receive my portfolio well. Aside from being over-qualified for their listed position with a wide range of mediums and styles of professional grade samples, they told me that my schooling and work experience lacked, and politely rejected me.

Paint Artist (Stereo Conversion) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Double Negative (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

Questions was asked swiftly and with respecting the Artist's work in mind in relation to the applied position. The interviewer was very clear in asking questions and answering questions.

Paint Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Double Negative (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was recommended in by internal staffs. All the profiling has been stored inside their server, when there's available positions they will call you up. After they call you up, you will be arranged with their supervisors or whichever department representative. You will be notified after a week, via email. They are very responsive in their replies, but sometimes maybe some miscommunication between people.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me more about yourself, and what have you learn during your school period.   Answer Question
    • Q: What made you choose to enter this industry?   Answer Question

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Double Negative (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I`ve got in touch via email at fisrt. Then we`ve booked a phone interview in a week. There typical questions about experience: where i worked and what projects i like. Also HRs described me the projects i`am going to work at and the tools they use

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging shot in my reel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

First acquaintance

Matchmove Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Double Negative.

Interview

they call me for an interview, it went well, they ask me my experience and where i worked before, the guy was friendly and nice, he let me know if i was hired after a week. an important aspect ( he told me) was how i would approach with other people, my attitude, they like to create teams that work well together.

Senior Matchmove and Rotoanim Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Double Negative (Mumbai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

one on one interview consisting of a conversation between a job applicant and a representative.
    one day or two day test will be conducted, to prove your skills on the job your are applying for.
    do the test well.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about the role.   1 Answer