Double Negative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Double Negative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 24, 2017

2.2

R&D Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Double Negative in June 2017.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter directly and heard back from them 4 weeks later. They first set up a basic screen. I must have passed the screen because they told me they'd send through a technical test shortly. However I would not recieve it for another 3 weeks. I took the technical test within the week, but ( due to various schedualing conflicts on their side ) I didn't get an interview with my potential supervisor for another week. I thought that went well and was not asked any technical questions, but they would turn me down a week and a half later because I somehow "lacked technical depth". I taught PhD students at Stanford. So, yes, you can easily figure out who this is. So I conclude they just didn't like that I didn't tell them what they wanted in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What are you working on right now? ... Wait ... You're moving on?   1 Answer

Character TD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Double Negative in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online for position in Vancouver BC, was contacted about 2 weeks later for an interview. The interview was on Skype and very straightforward. They looked at my reel with me and asked questions about my experience and interests. I was rejected about a month later, they wanted someone with more experience than me.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Double Negative (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I lived in LA at the time (December 2009). It was a 10 minute phone call. On the line were a supervising compositor and HR. It was a friendly chat.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to move to London?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. Dneg has its own salary brackets and it is very difficult to negotiate up out of them. However, I was able to get an extra 3%.

Lighting Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Double Negative (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The interview(Mumbai branch) lasted mere 2 minutes, it appears it was only a formality and the interviewer had already decided not to hire me, maybe because of his insecurity or reasons beyond my understanding.

Interview Questions

• only one question was asked DO you know Image-based Lighting?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Double Negative (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially phoned by recruitment and screened for suitability. Interview with Head of Production and a different Recruiter. Open and straight forward questions. Outlined current opportunities and potential for growth. Was told they would follow up with a call regardless of success. They returned call within days with an offer.

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Double Negative (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Technical Test and then two interviews, one with Pipeline Supervisors and another with Head of Pipeline and Head of Technology. Questions were based on experience and test, mostly about past experience and things written in the resume and questions about future plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on resume and the performance in the technical test.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Double Negative.

Interview

The hiring process was one of the best I've come across. I applied online and I was contacted 2 months later. They communicated with me very well throughout the process and never left me in the dark about what was going on ( I wish more studios did this).

I was interviewed on Skype by a supervisor and the recruiter. Mostly talked about my previous experience and their projects and the role.

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Double Negative (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email to arrange a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes, and was asked to describe myself and what softwares I know. They then explained the role and the type of people they hired typically people wanting to go into the Tech Support side.

Only issue was for a week after the interview I was getting a call from the number at 7 am every day. Only two rings so I missed it every time and was not able to call back on the same number.

Systems Technician Interview

Interview

Took to weeks to get in touch, organised a skype interview. Had a talk to a few department leads and recruiter. A bit of discussion about relocation. After that, I never heard from them again.

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Double Negative (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three days later I got the mail for a phone interview. Setting up the interview date and time was quite straight forward. The call itself was very easy going and overall a great talk. There were two people. One of them did the main talking and the other was part of the department mostly listening. We discussed my reel and experience. Then they told me a bit about the current and upcoming projects and a bit about the general structure of the company. Overall I had a good feeling and it seemed they liked my reel and the experience/knowledge I have. I was told to hear from them after a week but nothing happened. I got another job but was curious, so after two months I asked if there were any updates and was told that they would look into it. Didn't have anyone get back to me since then.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project/shot you worked on and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer creating setups or rather shot based?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VEX?   1 Answer
    • When could you start and what is your expected salary?   Answer Question