Doubletree By Hilton Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.0

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

It was what should be expected. Interviewer was very nice and personable. Did the interview in the busy hotel lobby, so it was a little difficult to hear her and be heard. I left the interview feeling good about it, but decided that I did not wish to work there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Doubletree By Hilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Burlingame, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a little over a week later asking to come in for an interview. The job was for a telephone operator/front desk agent. Interview was simple, basic questions about my work experience and how I would deal with certain customers. She then asked me if I wanted to stay to do another interview with the front desk manager. Asked the same questions regarding helping customers and work experience. I thought the interview went really job, I've been on plenty of interviews where I am no longer nervous about the questions they may ask because it's basically the same questions. He then told me they are still doing interviews and would let me know. I then knew that I didn't get the job, if they like you they will hire you right there on the spot. To know surprise I got a phone call two weeks later saying thanks but no thanks and if I wanted to apply for housekeeping work, or dish washer I could. After four years of doing customer service work umm, no thank you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

A relaxed interview and informal questions were asked on both sides.
    I do feel a phone call/ email should be sent out regardless of the decision.
    The interviewer was very nice but maybe misleading a bit.

Interview Questions

• Talk of experience, etc.
      Discussion of hotel policies.
      Low pay and how the company forces this to low level people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Newark, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about 3 weeks. They did not contact me for several weeks then called and asked me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with my boss and the head of HR and they offered me the job the same day, conditional on a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard background questions and questions about availability.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton.

Interview

Very quick because the position needed to be filled. Can't remember exact questions, but the employee turnover was so huge that it didn't even matter to the management who got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working in the hotel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I was scheduled to interview at 9 AM. I got there ten minutes early. The general manager interviewed me twenty minutes later. He did not ask me one typical interview question. He just asked me when I was available and when I could start.

Negotiation

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took about 1 weeks. I applied online and about 1 week later got a call for a phone interview with the HR director. She invited me to interview with one the guest service managers. About 1 day later, got a call from HR again inviting me for a second interview, this time with her. That is tomorrow, we will see how it goes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a typical day at your current/last job. What did you like least/most about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Amherst, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and asked if they were hiring. The front desk agent immediately had me fill out an application and he brought it back to the general manager. The GM then sat down and spoke with me for about 10 minutes. I had a follow-up interview the next day with the assistant manager. I was offered the job by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me an example of workplace conflict and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

It was brief and they required an assessment with the interview. They tested your basic math skills as well as situational skills. It was a several step process and they called first before I came in for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton (Santa Ana, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Open interview was set in a nice conference room. Light welcoming breakfast with coffee, tea and croissants. I was instructed to input my CV on their computer system. Then I got my number and wait about 30 mins to get interviewed. The manager was very nice and the interview process was conducted in friendly and professional manner