Douglas County School District (CO) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Douglas County School District (CO) Interview Questions

Interviews at Douglas County School District (CO)

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The first phase was a phone interview with the director. Then I was brought in about a week later for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 2 parts a group panel followed by a 1:1 with the director again and a quick test in excel.

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a team of teachers and admin. Each asked a quesion or two read from a script and thanked me as I was on my way. The team of 6 people seated around my seat, looking at me, was a bit intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit within their school.   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was easy and short interview with 2 people.and now I get a job in part-time position. I'm working five days a week from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. work Monday to Friday every week, no holidays and snow days and vacations to.

Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

This was very easy to prepare for and was just like any other teacher interview. Questions were the same as every other teacher interview (why do you want to teach? what are you career plans? etc).

Interview Questions

• Once again, nothing here was unexpected. Very typical. While it wasn't "difficult," I suppose the one that required some knowledge was "How do your values align with the mission of this school?" So, just as you should anyway, read up on the school's mission.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was absolutely zero negotiation.

Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Parker, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was with 6 people. Relaxed atmosphere. Each person asked a different scripted question. I received a phone call and job offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• You assessed your students and realized 60% did not master the concept. You are already two weeks behind. How are you going to make sure your students master the concept and you don’t get farther behind?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Administrative Assistant position at their Admin building in Castle Rock. The building is large and professional looking. I was greeted by the employee who called me for an interview and she sat with me and small-talked while I waited for my interview. I realize this was probably a way to try to get me to loosen up a bit, because the interview was a panel with 6 people. Everyone was nice and shook my hand individually. However, it was intimidating and it seemed a little excessive to have a panel interview for an Admin Assistant position. They each read pre-selected questions from a script and scribbled notes on my resume based on my answers. Only one of them answered my question regarding what they loved best about working for DCSC, as everyone else just agreed with the person who answered. I was told I would receive a phone call the following day regarding whether or not I am selected to move forward with another group interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a project you've been given and how you went about completing it   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an interview a few weeks later. The online process was a bit extensive depending on the position. There was a team of teachers and administrators during the interview and at least ten questions.

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Parker, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

face to face interview. basic "why do you want to work here" questions. they will call you back withen 24 hrs. very very strict background and driving check. if you are hired you will start training withen 3 weeks. right before training you are drug tested and have to pass 2x physical examinations. training is 4 weeks long. 35 hr a week.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with AP followed by face-to-face. At FTF, spoke with principal for 20 minutes then interviewed with a panel composed if an AP and four teachers from the department.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the job board. Was called 2 weeks later to come in for an interview. The interview was with a panel of people, including two current teachers, one admin and one current student. I was called within a few hours after leaving the interview saying that they went with another candidate but offered me very useful feedback. Within the next week or so, I received another call from the same school saying that another position opened up and they were wondering if I was still interested in coming back for a second interview. The second interview was just with an admin and the principal. I was called within a few days after the interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your worst lesson.   1 Answer
    • How would you motivate a student who doesn't want to be there?   Answer Question