Douglas County School District (CO) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.4

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with AP followed by face-to-face. At FTF, spoke with principal for 20 minutes then interviewed with a panel composed if an AP and four teachers from the department.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO).

Interview

current employee at the time applied for SEVERAL HR and Clerical positions over 7 years - had 1 interview. You would think they would want to promote from within especially an employee who had tenure, a recent degree, and a clean record.

Classified - Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met once with the principal and vice principal of school. Very low key interview. They described the job and asked about my education experience. The entire interview was less than 30 minutes. The two I interviewed with were very kind and were basically selling the job to me.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was easy and short interview with 2 people.and now I get a job in part-time position. I'm working five days a week from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. work Monday to Friday every week, no holidays and snow days and vacations to.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The first phase was a phone interview with the director. Then I was brought in about a week later for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 2 parts a group panel followed by a 1:1 with the director again and a quick test in excel.

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Process began with a telephone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview involved four candidates narrowed from the telephone interview. The on-site interview consisted of six panels...Mock School Board presentation; mock press interview; financial panel headed by the CFO; School Principals panel; Operations Chiefs panel; and District Superintendent one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever bent the rules and are you willing to bend the rules?   Answer Question

Theatre Teacher/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO).

Interview

DCSD allows only 30 minutes for an interview. This is not nearly enough time to evaluate either the candidate or the employer. Often, six or more employees ask pre-chosen questions. Seldom does the candidate get the time to delve further into the question.

Interview Questions

• "I will give you a scenario. You tell us how you would handle it." The interviewers want you to answer a question about a student/students in a vacuum! Just ridiculous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In education, there is no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 administrators and the Dept. Chair. I was asked a number of questions that were fairly easy to answer, especially because I had previous teaching experience. There were about 15 questions asked as they went around the table. We were in the main office conference room with projector. I was able to project my art portfolio as I was talking about my personal experience as an artist and as a teacher. To prepare for the interview, I spent time talking with other teachers, talking about teaching philosophy and strategies. I compiled my work in a digital portfolio so that I knew I had a visual display for the actual interview to support my answers. Overall, I felt that the interview was smooth and to the point.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a classroom full of students with different abilities and interests?   1 Answer

School Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Parker, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

face to face interview. basic "why do you want to work here" questions. they will call you back withen 24 hrs. very very strict background and driving check. if you are hired you will start training withen 3 weeks. right before training you are drug tested and have to pass 2x physical examinations. training is 4 weeks long. 35 hr a week.

Sped Assist IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed in Castle Rock in June. Interviewed with three upper administrators. They contacted me within the week to offer me the position. They contacted me a week later with a pay rate. I started the following August.

Interview Questions

• What would you say if a parent asked you about another student in your class?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiaing.