Douglas County School District (CO) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Douglas County School District (CO) Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Administrative Assistant position at their Admin building in Castle Rock. The building is large and professional looking. I was greeted by the employee who called me for an interview and she sat with me and small-talked while I waited for my interview. I realize this was probably a way to try to get me to loosen up a bit, because the interview was a panel with 6 people. Everyone was nice and shook my hand individually. However, it was intimidating and it seemed a little excessive to have a panel interview for an Admin Assistant position. They each read pre-selected questions from a script and scribbled notes on my resume based on my answers. Only one of them answered my question regarding what they loved best about working for DCSC, as everyone else just agreed with the person who answered. I was told I would receive a phone call the following day regarding whether or not I am selected to move forward with another group interview.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a project you've been given and how you went about completing it   Answer Question

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO).

Interview

Phone interview with AP followed by face-to-face. At FTF, spoke with principal for 20 minutes then interviewed with a panel composed if an AP and four teachers from the department.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO).

Interview

current employee at the time applied for SEVERAL HR and Clerical positions over 7 years - had 1 interview. You would think they would want to promote from within especially an employee who had tenure, a recent degree, and a clean record.

Classified - Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met once with the principal and vice principal of school. Very low key interview. They described the job and asked about my education experience. The entire interview was less than 30 minutes. The two I interviewed with were very kind and were basically selling the job to me.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

It was easy and short interview with 2 people.and now I get a job in part-time position. I'm working five days a week from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. work Monday to Friday every week, no holidays and snow days and vacations to.

Art Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a team of teachers and admin. Each asked a quesion or two read from a script and thanked me as I was on my way. The team of 6 people seated around my seat, looking at me, was a bit intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit within their school.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Denver, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The first phase was a phone interview with the director. Then I was brought in about a week later for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 2 parts a group panel followed by a 1:1 with the director again and a quick test in excel.

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Process began with a telephone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview involved four candidates narrowed from the telephone interview. The on-site interview consisted of six panels...Mock School Board presentation; mock press interview; financial panel headed by the CFO; School Principals panel; Operations Chiefs panel; and District Superintendent one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever bent the rules and are you willing to bend the rules?   Answer Question

Theatre Teacher/Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO).

Interview

DCSD allows only 30 minutes for an interview. This is not nearly enough time to evaluate either the candidate or the employer. Often, six or more employees ask pre-chosen questions. Seldom does the candidate get the time to delve further into the question.

Interview Questions

• "I will give you a scenario. You tell us how you would handle it." The interviewers want you to answer a question about a student/students in a vacuum! Just ridiculous.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In education, there is no negotiation. Take it or leave it.

High School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 administrators and the Dept. Chair. I was asked a number of questions that were fairly easy to answer, especially because I had previous teaching experience. There were about 15 questions asked as they went around the table. We were in the main office conference room with projector. I was able to project my art portfolio as I was talking about my personal experience as an artist and as a teacher. To prepare for the interview, I spent time talking with other teachers, talking about teaching philosophy and strategies. I compiled my work in a digital portfolio so that I knew I had a visual display for the actual interview to support my answers. Overall, I felt that the interview was smooth and to the point.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a classroom full of students with different abilities and interests?   1 Answer