Dovenmuehle Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dovenmuehle Mortgage

2.2

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then 2 in-person interviews (on the same day) and a few basic tests on Internet navigation and writing abilities. The phone interview was very positive. The in-person interview with the manager was alright, but I think the manager and I did not connect very well - so it probably was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a training presentation to give to them during the interview. They required a lot of personal information and paperwork (including social security number) prior to the interview that seemed quite invasive to be required before an offer.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. She contacted me and told me about the position, yet i did not have an idea of what the position is until and after I was finished with the interview. There was no position requirements provided to me, i was told as long as you are good at excel you are good to go. Anyways I interviewed by two managers ( i think one was an assistant) and was told that I would be notified within two weeks. Today it has been 3 months and I have not heard back from them. gave many calls to the recruiter and she kept on telling me that she has not heard back from them, or they have not made a decision. I have given up and will never ever work there even if they offer me now. I was told by the manager that they need someone as soon as next week to join the team, and its been three months. seriously they are so slow no wonder their business is going down the drain. I would not recommend this old age home to any one....

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was too easy to be true and it was everything told regarding raises was a lie. The interview was really quick and easy. Basic questions you can tell they need people but don't want to pay

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for our company   Answer Question

Not enough money

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

The process is somewhat easy. The interview process they are looking for basic information, good credit, and no real criminal activity. There is a standard drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you currently do? How long have you been there? Are you looking for part-time or full-time work? Normally they start you out part-time.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with Director, in person interview with Director as well as team members. Very casual interview process. May have changed since i had my interview. Definitely prepare as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• general audit questions, mostly explained their processes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was OK, able to negotiate salary.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Barrington, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

You were asked to go over your entire work experience. Every job title and how it would or would not apply to the broker position. Your were asked to describe the current real estate market in your market, and to briefly asked to explain your plan to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied, got a call a few weeks later, was brought in and met with HR and hiring manager. Very easy process and HR was great about keeping me informed on status of background checks and start date.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff about background and future goals. Nothing special here   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in June 2019.

Interview

An in-house recruiter reached out and then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next step was a take-home tech challenge which was pretty substantial in regards to the amount of work it would require. But they give you a week to do it which is nice. The hiring manager said we would have a chat about the app after I completed it.

So this project took me easily 10 hours as it had libraries I never worked with before. Long story short, I complete the app and they just ghost on me. Now I get it, the app could not have been up to snuff and that is fine, I get it. And I think we are all used to recruiters ghosting on us during the job search. For the most part, I don't take it that personally; they are dealing with tons of candidates. But this was just obnoxious considering they gave me this amount of work to complete. I reached out numerous times to follow up and nothing.
    Furthermore, as a head's up to those applying: the hiring manager let it be known that their engineering team is specifically called DMI Software as to not be affiliated with Dovenmuehle bc they know that Dovenmuehule doesn't have the best reputation, especially on Glassdoor as you can see.
    In closing, please don't waste our time; it is truly valuable. Looking for a Bay Area engineering role is a full-contact sport and when you are taking away 10 precious hours we can be spending on a litany of other things to prepare for our interviews, the least you can do is circle back with a candidate. It's really bad form.

Interview Questions

• Make an app with a front-end and server. No need for a DB. Put some more bells and whistles on it.   1 Answer

Junior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Lake, IL

Interview

They were having a job fair and interviewed with Lisa and Alex. I was asked all the typical interview questions and at the end I was told that I would be called the very next day for additional testing. Next day comes and there’s no call from Lisa. It’s been 3 weeks since then. So unprofessional to lie.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a problem at work.   Answer Question

REO SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

This may have been the most unprofessional interview ever conducted by an organization's managers. I received a telephone call from an HR manager, who subsequently conducted a telephone interview and recommended the REO Specialist position, even though she was well aware of the fact that I did not have a mortgage background. She scheduled the interview with two department managers. The HR manager brought me to the office of the two department managers. Before she had a chance to introduce me, one manager exclaimed "How many more interviews will I have?! I have enough work to do as it is!!" This was an unpleasant start to the interview process, but once it was underway, it was obvious that there would be two further problems. First, the managers responded to my inquiries with tossed-off answers that lacked information. I couldn't get specifics about the position. One manager in particular was well aware that I would be entering this position as a novice, and this had already been communicated by the HR manager. But from the start, he disliked my lack of mortgage experience. At one point, he literally hollered "Why are you here if you have no mortgage background?!" If my background was a problem, why did he accept the interview in the first place? The other manager, for her part, was dour and morose throughout the interview, usually mumbling her answers to my inquiries in few words. The second problem involved the lack of specific information involving training for the position. A good marker of an organization's functionality is a structure for new employee training. When I inquired about this, one of the managers responded with "Yeah, we train you." When I asked for more specifics, this person arrogantly responded with "Oh, yeah, we throw you to the wind!" I never received a straight answer about this matter, so I had to assume that there was NO specific training process. Why would I consider a potential employer if there is no specific process for assimilating a new employee? In short, these managers had no ability to conduct themselves in a polite, cordial manner, nor would they provide specific, informative answers to important questions. As a followup, I tried to contact the HR manager on several occasions to thank her for the interview opportunity and inquire about the position as a formality; there was no response. If these managers were representative of the typical Dovenmuehle employee, then this company is an unprofessional organization.

Interview Questions

• One of the two managers, a female, made two significant mistakes that further indicated a total lack of professionalism. First, she asked a "what would you do" question related to a mortgage process. I had a difficult time understanding the question due to her foreign accent. When I provided an answer to what I thought was the question, she admonished me in a condescending manner. When I apologized and politely asked her to repeat the question because I couldn't hear it (I never mentioned the accent), she refused. So, I was lambasted for my answer to a question that she literally mumbled, but she wouldn't offer an opportunity to readdress the question? Her demeanor was combative and completely unnecessary. Second, she asked if I had any qualms about working in a department primarily consisting of women. In the 21st century, why would she believe that THIS could be an issue for any male job candidate? It certainly wasn't, and isn't, and issue with me. This kind of question is uncalled for in any interview situation.   Answer Question