Dovenmuehle Mortgage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.0

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was too easy to be true and it was everything told regarding raises was a lie. The interview was really quick and easy. Basic questions you can tell they need people but don't want to pay

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for our company   Answer Question

Not enough money

Quality Control Auditor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I cannot rate this experience negatively enough. It isn't even about the position itself, but... please read and you'll understand why my interview was a giant waste of time for everyone involved.

Had a brief phone interview clarifying information on my resume and why I was interested in the position a few days prior.

When I came to their office, they had me first sit down and do some computer based tests; the first was a multiple choice test including questions such as "Which of the following is an email address?" and "What procedure would you follow to close a computer window?"... this much felt incredibly basic, and if you are using this website and know how to use a calculator, you should have no trouble on that. The next was an excel test, using an older version of excel; the most advanced thing in it was making a pivot table. The last was a writing prompt where you had to write a letter to another company, speaking as a department manager whose department failed to get a report out in time for a now furious client.

Afterwards, I met with the hiring manager and things went as bog standard as any interview goes; they talked more about what the position entailed, why they were hiring (person previously in the role had moved away), and more in-depth conversation on what the company does. The hiring manager did acknowledge there was a "small" turnover issue with the company too. Even with that, my only problem after all of this is what was revealed to me at the end of this interview... ***they had already offered the job to someone else.***

I'm flabbergasted that they would continue with the interview process when they've already got the job offered to someone, but after mentioning this the hiring manager asked if I was interested in customer service or loans collection positions that may open up instead. To not be rude during the interview, I simply stated I'd be interested in learning more details about those roles before committing to any sort of application with them, and I've had no contact with Dovenmuehle Mortgage since then. If they had been upfront about this instead of dragging me through an interview, I would have been content with respectfully declining and moving on, but instead I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth from the whole experience; it felt rude and almost unethical. I have no plans for applying for this company again for any position.

Perhaps the actual roles themselves are fine once you do hop on board; I am not in a position to speak on how life is on the job there. For all I know it could be great! I hope anyone who has a better interview process than me finds success with this company moving forward, but I'd also advise you to please be wary of if you're actually applying for the job you think you are.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then 2 in-person interviews (on the same day) and a few basic tests on Internet navigation and writing abilities. The phone interview was very positive. The in-person interview with the manager was alright, but I think the manager and I did not connect very well - so it probably was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prepare a training presentation to give to them during the interview. They required a lot of personal information and paperwork (including social security number) prior to the interview that seemed quite invasive to be required before an offer.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Took various tests and in person interview with two individuals (not together). Process took way longer than expected as so many individuals brought in at once for job fair. No set appointments.

Interview Questions

• Mortgage knowledge/experience? Advised company required minimum 80% time availability for calls. Was not told about minimum daily call number requirements.   1 Answer

Interview

I attended an open job fair at the location I was eventually hired at. I spoke with one person for about 15 minutes, and she then brought in her supervisor who interviewed me for a bit longer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most difficult customer service situation.   Answer Question

Research Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

comfortable, casual, unstructured, pleasant, talked about skill testing. Brief explaination of job responsibilities. Took place at a job fair, so it was a long robotic process. going to different rooms with various employees and interviewing. The second interview was with the manager of the department. The questions were mainly regarding previous experience and background. Salary expectation. Talked about hours expected to work with this position and if it was acceptable. it was a average, casual interview process.

Interview Questions

• background and experience. Explanation of what was involved in the job. Along with a mandatory meeting job tasks within a 10 to 7 minutes for each task. Was asked about mortgage knowledge if any. This was not an intense interview. the Job was entry level. Interview questions were very basic. Asked to describe previous jobs and experience. What type of equipment was used. Any experience in the mortgage or finance industry. Asked questions about hours willing to work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

average, easy.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Elgin, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with HR person then interviewed with 2 of their upper management. They were very throughout. They explained all the different departments and what they do. They made you feel very welcoming and were willing to answer all questions.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for new employment. Why I would be a good fit for this position   1 Answer

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

Interview

It was pretty easy. Meeting with HR just to discuss benefits. Meeting with manager to discuss my experience this was pretty average. Just discussed my experience at my previous job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Definitely come in prepared and looking very professional. Had to do a series of tests related to their business, so look at their website to be prepared for some of the questions. If you are familiar with having your own mortgage and some of the variables that can exist on the types will be in your favour.

Interview Questions

• This is a call center Customer Service position and what type of experience do you have in this area?   1 Answer

The turn over rate for employees was questionable and l was looking for more company/employee value for a career.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called on behalf of her colleague to interview me for her (colleague's) position. After an unscheduled phone interview, she said she would call to set up an onsite with me after coordinating with her colleague. She Kept me in a limbo for many days, never responded to my follow-up calls. Last company I would wanna work for especially when they don't value candidate's time and wouldn't be courteous to call back and give you closure.