Dovenmuehle Mortgage Interview Questions in Lake Zurich, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.9

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was too easy to be true and it was everything told regarding raises was a lie. The interview was really quick and easy. Basic questions you can tell they need people but don't want to pay

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for our company   Answer Question

Not enough money

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Definitely come in prepared and looking very professional. Had to do a series of tests related to their business, so look at their website to be prepared for some of the questions. If you are familiar with having your own mortgage and some of the variables that can exist on the types will be in your favour.

Interview Questions

• This is a call center Customer Service position and what type of experience do you have in this area?   1 Answer

The turn over rate for employees was questionable and l was looking for more company/employee value for a career.

Bankruptcy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Went to job fair at college and spoke with rep from Dovenmuehle. Gave them my resume and got a call a week later for an interview. Went to Lake Zurich location for interview, and after it was completed the manager hinted that I would get a call offering me the job

Dovenmuehle Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview Process for me took almost half a year, Very slow process, I needed to follow up for very long time. Company has extremely high turn over. I had same questions with same hiring manager with interval of seven months. I did not see any point in it.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions straight farad, The interview can be offensive   1 Answer

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL).

Interview

Applied through job fair with listed referral of current employee. Job fair section was very packed. Basic paperwork was filled out.

Proceeds to a 1:1 interview with HR person, where they see if you're a fit for the position or if another one suits you better. In my experience, HR didn't know what positions were open and could not explain several of the positions, and even recommended me for a position that did not have an opening.

Next step is a 1:1 interview with a department rep who looks over your resume and asks generic questions. This step weeded out candidates before meeting with the functional supervisor of the position.

Once again, very generic questions with no challenges. In hindsight, most of the information given to me was false. Lots of skills are required for the position, none are necessary. If you are able to learn repetitive tasks, you'll succeed.

After the interview, you are told you'll hear back in a week. I heard back after three weeks with conflicting calls for having been accepted and rejected for the position. Although I gave a start date, HR apparently decided I could start immediately. I received a call from the employee who referred me asking why I didn't "show up to work for my first day," even though I had not received an acceptance notice by then.

Interview Questions

• None - very generic questions that you would find in a beginner's guide to interviews, such as "what are you weaknesses?" and "why would you be good for the job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Chose not to negotiate

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL).

Interview

The recruiter was very nice. She contacted me and told me about the position, yet i did not have an idea of what the position is until and after I was finished with the interview. There was no position requirements provided to me, i was told as long as you are good at excel you are good to go. Anyways I interviewed by two managers ( i think one was an assistant) and was told that I would be notified within two weeks. Today it has been 3 months and I have not heard back from them. gave many calls to the recruiter and she kept on telling me that she has not heard back from them, or they have not made a decision. I have given up and will never ever work there even if they offer me now. I was told by the manager that they need someone as soon as next week to join the team, and its been three months. seriously they are so slow no wonder their business is going down the drain. I would not recommend this old age home to any one....

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult...they had the general questions   Answer Question

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Job Fair- Very easy. Human resources folks have good instincts! They hire some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They just don't stay.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with Director, in person interview with Director as well as team members. Very casual interview process. May have changed since i had my interview. Definitely prepare as much as you can.

Interview Questions

• general audit questions, mostly explained their processes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was OK, able to negotiate salary.

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring process involved one interview and a math test. You first meet with an HR employee who gives an overview of the company and then you are given a basic math test which is very easy. They let you use a calculator. You then meet with a manager from Mortgage Disposition who explains the position and asks a few questions.

Interview Questions

• None it was a very easy interview, just had the very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (Lake Zurich, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I attended the job fair which consisted of submitting a packet full of papers that included the application and background check sign offs. Plus, you had to turn in your resume. I sat down with an HR Recruiter, and she suggested I apply for the Research Staff Writer position. I have no background in the mortgage company. However, I have had plenty of customer service experience, and based on what the job entailed, it was basically responding to the customer via email or letters. I interviewed with who I believed was the manager for the department, however I later found was to be an administrative assistant. Plus, I wasn't impressed with her process as she asked me questions while chewing her gum. I answered questions about my background in sales mostly, and she had some behavioral type questions. She proceeded to supply me with two sheets that had scenarios. I had to write a response letter to these scenarios. It took me 15 minutes to complete. I turned them into her, and our interview was complete. Two weeks passed, and I received a letter that expressed that I did not qualify for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a situation where you found managing most difficult?   Answer Question