Dover.io Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

Employee Referral19%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dover.io

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dover.io in Apr 2021

Interview

The on-site interview included pairing in 45 min sessions to work on a coding challenge/project. At the end, all of the engineers hopped on the call and I gave them a quick demo. I was really impressed by the engineers that I paired with. They were okay that I wasn't 100% familiar with the stack and guided me through syntax and other language specific questions I had. I thought the interview was actually pretty fun, since it's not your typical LC DS/algo type interview and the interviewers seemed very engaged in what you are doing. After the coding challenge, I got to meet others on the team (non-engineers) to see if I would be a good fit and if our values were aligned.

Interview Questions
  • A frontend coding challenge where you pair with different engineers.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Dover.io

Interview

Very warm and collaborative interview process. I enjoyed my conversations with everyone on the team and the takehome assignment was not very long (2-3 hours). The takehome was also a good representation of the work involved at Dover.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was mostly around my skills and motivations and how Dover would be a good fit for me as the next move.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dover.io (South San Francisco, CA)

Interview

First round was a 30min phone call that started off with a quick introduction then moved into talking about your past work. Second stage was a 1 hour call in which you talk through a few case studies or problem you might encounter in the role. Both rounds left a good amount of time to ask the interviewer questions. Was a positive experience and enjoyed talking with everyone I met.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had a manage an underperforming employee. How did you approach the situation?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dover.io in Feb 2021

Interview

Received an email at random requesting a follow up call. Had a behavioral phone screen with hiring manager (passed), followed up with a 30 minute relevant case on video conference with CEO (did not pass).

Interview Questions
  • What are possible reasons for gaps between realized and target metrics? (Presented with a sample case and associated data set)
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

The CTO reached out directly via email and we set up a time to chat. Had a phone screen followed by another screen with an engineering lead before a 3.5 hour technical interview. The technical interview included two verbal project/design portions and a 2 hour live-coding session.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about past project experience, as well as in-depth questions about system design and architecture
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dover.io in Feb 2021

Interview

First round: 3 hour coding challenge. I took the frontend variation. A Dover engineer got on a video call with me to clone a git repo and set up the project for local development. The readme described high level objectives for a UI that displays some data from an API provided as part of the project. The project was a good practical assessment of the ability to identify the most important aspects of a somewhat ambiguous problem and implement it rapidly. On-Site Day 1: 3 or 4 hour live coding challenge. Similar to the first project, except the scope is a bit more complex, and you pair program with Dover engineers throughout the process. At the end, you present what you've built to the team. On-Site Day 2: Meet the Dover team. Several rounds of conversations with a variety of team members. You get to chat with employees in all sorts of roles, not just engineers. This is a great opportunity to see what it's like to be part of the team, and understand how everyone contributes and works together.

Interview Questions
  • Implement a UI to render a table of data from an API Implement a UI to manage drafts of an email template
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dover.io in Feb 2021

Interview

Phone call with chief of staff, case interview with ceo, take home assignment, on-site to add on to and present assignment results and interview with 3-4 more engagement managers and have informal lunch to ask questions and get to know other employees at Dover.

Interview Questions
  • Analyze some data and what would you present to a client, what do you think went well and what could you improve in (after the presentation), what would you bring to Dover, why are you interviewing here / why do you want to work here

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

30 minute phone screen to gauge candidate fit and interest in position; consisted of a google meet video call with one member of the team who asked questions about my past experience as well as my interest in Dover. I did not go forward with the process, but ,overall, it was a very pleasant experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dover.io in Feb 2021

Interview

I was contacted by their cofounder Anvisha, jumped on a quick video call, then we moved forward to the first round, a take-home project. The project was basically a real-world data exploration task, was given a sample dataset, and their lead engineer, John walked it through with me before I get started. I spent 2-3 hours and did some basic analysis and model training with it, presented my findings, and they were happy with the results. The onsite(s) is a 2 part process. First a 4 hour tech focused virtual (cuz covid) onsite, and then another 4.5 hour virtual onsite a few days later, that's mainly about cultural fit. The tech onsite isn't very difficult, it's more focused on ML system design and data engineering. The data engineering round actually uses some pretty big dataset, and I fumbled quite a bit in the beginning because I'm most comfortable with Spark, which wasn't available during an interview, so the interviewer actually spun up a Databricks account so I can get my hands on Spark, very nice guesture. In the "onsite: part 2" I met with 10+ members of the company, from cofounders to fellow engineers/designers. They are all very smart and charming people, and I really enjoyed chatting with them. Overall, I think it's a very positive process, everyone seemed nice and sharp, and the leaders have very good product vision, when discussing those topics, they certainly appear to have a deep understanding of the space and what they can do to revolutionize it. Only thing I'd say is probably that their onsite(s) are a little bit too long.

Interview Questions
  • Given Dover's current client onboarding flow, how can we improve it with the help of machine learning.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Dover.io in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied through a friend who said good things about the work. They are looking for people who are organized and have strong communication skills, but besides that pretty much anyone can apply. The entire interview process took about a week.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews