Dover.io Interview Questions in San Francisco

Updated Feb 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 16 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dover.io

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

30 minute phone screen to gauge candidate fit and interest in position; consisted of a google meet video call with one member of the team who asked questions about my past experience as well as my interest in Dover. I did not go forward with the process, but ,overall, it was a very pleasant experience

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in Dover?
    Answer Question
  • Tell me about your experience leading teams.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

The Good The CEO personally contacted me and offered an interview. From everything I've read and seen, he seems to be a talented guy and responsible for a large portion of Dover's success. They also pay very well. The Bad The Dover architecture seems mostly design by résumé building. Kubernetes, Docker, Elastic Search, autogenerated clients, the list goes on. Three hours were given for the take home project. My talented coworkers have done similar projects and it took days, not hours. Whether this is a sign of inflated egos, or poor estimate skills, it does not reflect well. The example API's they had setup for the project were of fairly mediocre to poor design- certainly for the level of salary they provide. It was not a challenging interview question, just tedious. It felt like free contracting work. As if they had taken a case off their JIRA board and emailed it to the prospective candidate. The Ugly After I turned in the assignment, I was ghosted completely. Yes, the company that personally invited me to interview then ghosted me after I committed three hours of my time. Interestingly enough, another company I interviewed at said they had tried Dover out and it did not meet their expectations. It sounds like the CEO will have to have some hard discussions with his engineering department in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Architect and program an entire table display with various constraints and requirements.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

A typical 3-4 rounds process: - First call with the chief of staff to learn about mutual fit - Second call with the CEO to go through a case exercise - Takehome assignment - Onsite to present the takehome

Interview Questions
  • What is your longer-term career aspiration?
  • *After the presentation: "What are some of the things that you thought you did well at and things you could improve upon?"
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Interview process was great! Honestly, stood out from all of the rest of the processes I went through. This one was focused on collaboration and feedback and gave me a really good feel for what the job would entail vs. other bizops / strategy recruiting processes I went through were more of the typical takehome + formal presentation and then a Q&A. Everyone was very friendly and open to answering any questions I had about Dover. I got the feeling that people here would actually be invested in my personal development through the process.

Interview Questions
  • Put together a presentation for a client based on the dataset highlighting the pieces of data and insights you think are most important / relevant

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Met the team for an all day onsite where every member of the engineering team took turns pairing with me as I worked on the system design and implementation of the challenge problem. Also had 30 min - 1 hour chats with each of the founders.

Interview Questions
  • A coding challenge involving relational databases and implementing a new hypothetical feature in an existing system.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Dover.io (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2019

Interview

The founder's invited me to spend the day with them to pair on a challenge. I liked that the challenge actually pertained to what the company was doing and wasn't your typical contrived write-me-an-algo or build-me-a-data-structure type problem. At the end of pairing (and in the middle over lunch), there were opportunities for more casual conversation. I was really impressed with the founder's background and experience executing.

Interview Questions
  • Hands on exercise to build out an integration with a 3rd party service.
1 person found this interview helpful