Dovetail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dovetail

Candidate Interview Review

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dovetail (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my college's (Rutgers) career system and I met with the employer in Busch Campus. Several days later, I received an email inviting me to their office for a group interview. There were 7 other candidates and we watched presentations about what the company is and what it does. After that, we were separated into groups to play a survival game where we were given a list of supplies and we had to choose what supplies to bring in order to survive in a forest during winter. I think that game was meant to serve as an ice breaker. Next, we took an exam consisting of problems where we had to write code for. Then we had lunch. It was awesome because they gave us free pizza and drinks. We were then asked to meet with our groups and we had to find problems and add additional features in a big application that had thousands of lines of codes. (I may be exaggerating, but it was a BIG! application) Finally, we were each individually interviewed. They asked about basic Java object oriented concepts such as subclass, polymorphism, etc. All in all, I was there from 9:30 AM to about 5 PM. I was then asked to come back for another interview where I took another exam, which was a lot harder. I probably didn't do good on the exam because I received no calls or emails after that.

Interview Questions

• There are 100 closed lockers in a school. There are 100 students outside the school. The first student goes into the school and visits every locker and opens it. The second student goes into the school and closes every locker that is a multiple of two. The third student goes into the school and visits every locker that is a multiple of three. If the locker is open he/she closes it, if the locker is closed he/she opens it. The fourth student goes into the school and visits every locker that is a multiple of four. Again if the locker is open he/she closes it, if the locker is closed he/she opens it.
      This continues until all 100 students have gone into the school and gone to the appropriate lockers.

Write a program that will determine and display the status of each locker after all of the students have gone into the school.   Answer Question